Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    err..i am still in china mate
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Figured Mrgu, let me know when you are back...

Moar photos!

Stress tested for a couple of hours today...works really well! Very impressed with the gps, screen brightness, response rate etc. So glad I didnt go down the path of a dodgy aftermarket unit.

I am delaying the final installation fit-up for a week as awaiting some 20 pin connectors - I am building a harness kit such that the installation is simply plug and play (no splicing of any car wires at all ) just in case I decide to dismantle it some day.

Lesson learnt from the 'roadblock' I previously encountered: Dont trust cheap wiring...the copper vs insulation ratio can be disturbingly bad. I've redone all of mine to ensure RF, EM shielding as well as preventing any involuntary fuse wires .

Also, I can confirm....the satnav mod will work on:

- All Honda Accords 03-08
    - All Honda Accord Euro's 03-08
    - Any other car in the world although a little bit more wiring work is required and assuming you can fit the damn thing into your center dash
    - As long as you acquire all your components from a UK Spec, JDM spec, US spec, this is also retrofittable although some functions may require a little more work

Happy to help anyone else who is keen on doing this mod too - there's no need at all to go to an auto sparky and if you're clever about it, it can be entirely plug and play too.

many million thanks to Longers for testing the dvd drive for me and helping with troubleshooting!
    Last edited by ozy944; 23-05-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord CM5
    good work!
    ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS ROCK FAKESH*T

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    Good job oz.. U made it! Once I purchased mine, I will definitely ask for ur expertise
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Quote Originally Posted by mrgu View Post
    Good job oz.. U made it! Once I purchased mine, I will definitely ask for ur expertise
    No problem mate - yeah its not that hard really. Just take some photos of the car before you pull bits out and i can tell you what you'll need. I've still got to get the brackets that mount the dvd drive - its a dodgy install without them.

Ladies and gents....its done!

Here are some photos of the final install:

The car pre-swap:

The wiring harness...note the white connectors are an addition that simply clips into the Honda 20 pin headunit connector...no splicing required

Here is the connector connected to my 20 pin audio wire....note this means the mod is 100% plug and play...no splicing and no permanent mod to the car

Exposed harnesses fitted into car

Clip-on ECM connector

How it looks now....

Ta-daaa....

Last edited by ozy944; 23-05-2013 at 11:25 PM.

wow... AMAZZINGG!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Accord
    Vehicle ECM (CAN-H, CAN-L and VSS signals)...

Hi Ozy944,

Could you please details a bit where are located CAN-H, CAN-L and VSS signals ?
    From the picture is not very clear.

Thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by gm314 View Post
    Vehicle ECM (CAN-H, CAN-L and VSS signals)...

Hi Ozy944,

Could you please details a bit where are located CAN-H, CAN-L and VSS signals ?
    From the picture is not very clear.

Thank you in advance

Mate,

The ecm connections for can-h, can-l, and vss are on the farthest right ecm connector I.e. on the passenger side closest to the rear of the car.

Vss is on the bottom row and its light blue in color. It is pin no. 26 and the 5th wire from the left side.

Can H is wire location 11. It is white and the first connector on the second row from left as the first position should be empty.

Can L is wire location 24 and is red in color. It is one the bottom row I.e two to the left of vss with a gray(?) Wire in between.

You are testing my memory as I am sitting at an airport on the way to Melbourne!

The way I connected it is there is a length of the ecm harness that bends back around I.e. there is some excess length where you can expose some wire and make at junction. I built my own connector so that it is readily detached.

I can also vouch that it works perfectly fine without any ecm connections. The only loss is that fuel information is blocked out as this is what that information is used for. If you don't feel comfortable splicing, don't as you could do some damage. Also make sure you trace back the wires to the connector. It's very easy to get confused as there are 30+ wires bunched up and many of the same color.

Note also that you could connect can h and can l by pulling out the gauge cluster add they are the same source for the trip information on your gauge cluster.

Gps works very well without it.

Hope this helped and apologies for the messiness!
    Last edited by ozy944; 31-05-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by ozy944 View Post
    Mate,

The ecm connections for can-h, can-l, and vss are on the farthest right ecm connector I.e. on the passenger side closest to the rear of the car.

Vss is on the bottom row and its light blue in color. It is pin no. 26 and the 5th wire from the left side.

Can H is wire location 11. It is white and the first connector on the second row from left as the first position should be empty.

Can L is wire location 24 and is red in color. It is one the bottom row I.e two to the left of vss with a gray(?) Wire in between.

You are testing my memory as I am sitting at an airport on the way to Melbourne!

The way I connected it is there is a length of the ecm harness that bends back around I.e. there is some excess length where you can expose some wire and make at junction. I built my own connector so that it is readily detached.

I can also vouch that it works perfectly fine without any ecm connections. The only loss is that fuel information is blocked out as this is what that information is used for. If you don't feel comfortable splicing, don't as you could do some damage. Also make sure you trace back the wires to the connector. It's very easy to get confused as there are 30+ wires bunched up and many of the same color.

Note also that you could connect can h and can l by pulling out the gauge cluster add they are the same source for the trip information on your gauge cluster.

Gps works very well without it.

Hope this helped and apologies for the messiness!
    Ok ! Thanks a lot.
    Hope you have a good flight :-).
    May I ask you, if it is possible of course, to help me a bit with a more clearer picture ?
    BTW: I'm from Bucharest, Romania, Europe, from the other side of the world :-)