Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord V6L 2008

Should my key remote buttons be able to control my windows & sunroof?

Hi folks.

I have owned my 2008 Accord V6 Luxury since June 2012 but I'm still learning a few of the functions.

Someone had advised me that I should be able to wind down all my windows & sunroof using my unlock button on the key.

I have tried the instructions in the manual (yes even read the f... manual!) i.e. press unlock to unlock then within a couple of seconds press unlock button again...but no luck.
    I have also tried using the key in the door lock, again without success.

In the manual it does say that this function is only applicable to some models. I would have expected that being the top model it should apply.

As the car comes off extended warranty at end of April, I would like to get this sorted now. Also, the previous owner only serviced the car yearly (which was every 10 000 kms) so technically might they knock me back under a warranty claim for this? After all, the functionality I am questioning does not relate to a serviceable item.

Sorry to be asking questions as soon as I have signed up.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Don't think the Accord did,

the Euro model did in the Accord series

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    I thought the relatively common procedure was to hold the unlock button to open the windows/sunroof
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Or press the unlock button in a quick repertition within 2 seconds.
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord V6L 2008
    Thanks everyone for the responses.

I suspect that as suggested this wasn't a feature in the non euro accord in 2008. I have tried all the button pressing and key turning combos I can find.

have to live with this first world problem.

Thanks again

Tim

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    My rents 2012 accord does it!

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord CM5
    My '07 Accord does it. You press initialy to unlock then press and hold and the windows will roll down. As for winding them back up, you have to insert the key into the drivers door to lock, and lock and hold for the windows to go back up.
    ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS ROCK FAKESH*T

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord V6L 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by longers View Post
    My '07 Accord does it. You press initialy to unlock then press and hold and the windows will roll down. As for winding them back up, you have to insert the key into the drivers door to lock, and lock and hold for the windows to go back up.
    Euro ???