Thread: Dc5 rotors

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5

Dc5 rotors

Hey
    recently my brakes are making a screeching noise when i brake so i took it to a shop and got them to check my brakes. they told me you have heaps of brake pads left and it is my rotors that need replacing. so i am wondering what do i need to look out for when getting new rotors for my 2003 honda integra dc5 base model please help me

thanks

What brake pads are you running?

You just do daily driving? Nothing krazie?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    What brake pads are you running?

You just do daily driving? Nothing krazie?
    not sure what brake pads as i brought it second hand and i use it as a daily car so nothing crazy

If you're using factory or near factory spec pads, then you can just use RDA rotors, if you're planning on doing brake pad upgrade to something more aggressive then might want to consider DBA rotors instead.

Its up to you if you want to spend extra $$$ for slotted [Don't go cross drilled]

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    If you're using factory or near factory spec pads, then you can just use RDA rotors, if you're planning on doing brake pad upgrade to something more aggressive then might want to consider DBA rotors instead.

Its up to you if you want to spend extra $$$ for slotted [Don't go cross drilled]
    Ok thanks for the reply can i ask do you know the stock spec of the oem brake rotor? and how much of a $$$ difference is the RDA to the DBA? and y shouldnt i get cross drilled? i am curious

thanks again for helping

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Careful mate. Make sure you get the correct sized rotor for your BASE DC5.

My GF has a base dc5 and honestly it was a head **** trying to find the correct sized rotor and brake pad. We'll be keeping the car for a very long time so I seen fit to purchase Type R calipers and opted for Type R rotors and pads as a replacement./.

Its so much easier to source DC5 Type R/S rotors/pads compared to the base setup.

I'd recommend going down that route if you plan to keep your car for over 4-5 years, otherwise I cannot see the investment worthwhile...

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    steer clear of RDA. that's all i can say

mine felt warped in 2000k
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Couldn't be that weak? My RDA warped only after I introduced it to some track spec Akebonos which made a deep groove in them on cold LOL

They were ok when I used weak OEM spec pads for daily...

My recommendation of not going cross-drilled is that the rotor's rigidity is weaken and eventually the holes will crack like:

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Could be sometihng else.. but when the brakes are heated up after a relatively hard stop, the steering starts to wobble. it's ok when it's cold/cool.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    My 2 cent would be that if you daily drive your car then there would be no problem with RDA rotors at all, especially when your brake pads are factory spec ones.

I've had RDA rotors on my car for a few months now and I drive it on a daily basis. Unless you do hard braking often (which is unlikely for the street use) RDA would be fine. But like reckless said, be careful with the size.

If you need somewhere to source your rotors, try brakes direct. http://brakesdirect.com.au/

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5
    Thanks for all your replies

Hey Guys i have a few question regarding DBA rotors i was wondering can you help me out.

At the moment i am looking at the DBA street series slotted rotors 2508S will these fit my car?

How do i tell if the rotor is from DBA is there a logo or a part number on the rotor itself?

so i am looking at some second hand rotors can you have a look at these photos and see if they are the DBA street series slotted rotors (2508S)?

Last edited by Anthony21893; 30-03-2013 at 01:05 PM.