Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux

Chinese Accord euro/Spirior/CU2 in depth review

Dear euro fans,as you may know I have been back for 5 days now, I finally have got time around to visit a Honda 4s dealer today in Harbin city, Heilongjiang province. Different to Honda Australia, Honda china has two separate divisions(sub brands) who are responsible for the selling of certain Honda models which are all manufactured in China. Dongfeng Honda is responsible for the selling of Spirior and all engine gear box parts are imported from Japan according to the sales manager. I test drove the MY13 type S and the feeling is as good as usual except for the left hand drive takes time to get use to.

Price: It sells around RMB 230000 drive away which is equivlent to A$ 36217 according to today's currency.(which is fair if you think of the price tag of a brand new Limited edition/ sports back then)

Appearance: Like the old CL9 sports/limited, the new MY13 type s has a set of unique lip kits which are different to the Modulo kits which are optional from your local Honda dealer. Some of you might remember back then before the facelift, you used to be able to option between the Modulo front lip and the type s front lip which is no longer the case since the FL MY12. Well, I have seen it now which means u can order it from me, hehe. Just to be on the safe side, it fits directly onto our MY12 euros. Apart from that, type S scored half leather and half suede/cloth seats, red gauge cluster which is sensational+++, HID, keyless entry and aluminum sports pedals and a set of awesome 18" rims which will be shown in the pics. Led taillight is a big improvement in visual appearance.

Drivability: People always have this concern, wether the quality of Chinese fuel will survive the awesome engineered K24 which is imported from Japan. Well, the answer is YES! They fed the cu2 with 97# and it goes beautifully and as a matter of fact, they have retuned it back to 200 ps with the MY13 compare to the 180 ps FL. I revved it hard, and the Vtec kicked in at 5k rpm with 3 adults in car, the car just goes. It doesn't feel as good as my CL9 cos of all these mods I put on, but definitely feels better compare to a stock CL9, an header will make it for sure which is illegal in China due to pink slip business.

Overall review: this is definitely the car to own if you are wealthy enough in China, more fun to drive than A5 3.0T Quttro 4 door which my auntie drives (suspension way too stiff for a passenger car for civilian ultilisation in Harbin). The 18" rims really appeal to me. All parts mentioned above are ready to order with a decent price tag(type s full lips, 18" rims, aluminum pedals, red gauge cluster, led taillight etc), just pm me for detail.

Thanks for your time

Last but not the least, I believe I saw the upcoming euro on TV which is called Crider, just google it

Bonus toys,lol

Misc shots

Last edited by mrgu; 22-04-2013 at 09:57 AM.
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    The 18" somewhat looks identical to our ones except for a different color scheme
    Last edited by mrgu; 22-04-2013 at 11:01 AM.
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Get some geuine in tank fuel filters while ur there.

Shits expansive here.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 cl9
    I don't suppose those pedals will fit the cl9? Will they

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    No. They don't..I can source one for you though

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Anything else for CL9 that's available there that you can grab? Fuel filter, HAMP oil filters? Ship some RedLine oil back? Lolz. Still need to grab those stabilizers of you btw. Will prob wait till you get back.

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    Err. They never released the cl9 here as a matter of fact. I will grab u those stabliser when back.mr chaos master .

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    They did have 7th gen accord so oil filters and in tank fuel filters are interchangeable.

AND THEYBHAVE CHEAP AUTO TRANSMISSION FILTERS.

it's on baidu already, I've searched for them.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    They did have 7th gen accord so oil filters and in tank fuel filters are interchangeable.

AND THEYBHAVE CHEAP AUTO TRANSMISSION FILTERS.

it's on baidu already, I've searched for them.
    Good good, if that's the case. I will ask for it..out ur name and parts list down

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    How do you change the tank fuel filter?
    If it isn't too hard, then I may grab one too then.

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    U need to pull the trunk mat up . There s a few screws there and a flap/ cover i think

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    those seats are dreamy, but from the outside, the car is still big and bulky looking imo.
    Last edited by Rudy; 24-04-2013 at 07:39 PM.