Member Array
    Car:
    ED+HRV+CRX+CRZ

Wink Z547 or Z79a Oil Filter?

I read the manual, and it tells me to use a Z79A filter in my 1991 Honda Civic Hatch with the D15B4 twin carb motor.

When I pull the filter, it has a Valvoline VO46 with Z547 as the alternative on the filter.

Now, they look different, one is wider and shorter, the other longer and skinnier, but the diameter of the seal seems to be identical, and both filters fit and seal perfectly.

Is there a reason I would use one or the other? I was reading on the forum that a smaller filter produces more oil pressure, but looking at these two, I think the extra girth of the Z79A would make up for the extra length of the Z547.

I guess my question is.... longer or thicker boys? (LOL) or is there little or no difference?

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    just use the oem honda one pretty much the same price

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    honestly i doubt it matters but a z79a would be recomended and i think they are cheaper anyway. rycos are fine no need to use oem but it would be ideal i guess
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4
    some body said the Z547 is the same design with the OEM filter, same length n shape, skinner n longer like the OEM one

i tried to use that one on my ED6, that's same as yrs n it did the job without leaking n

damage.
    N/A will be better if u got a balance tune, not only for power*~