wideband oxgyen sensor

Hey all

Was just wondering if there is a cheap skate way of a wide band oxygen sensor

I do not mind welding in a bung a foot after the headers

But i don't need any fancy data logging i just need a sensor that can read real time i just want a rough idea for tuning

The question is can i get a wide band sensor and connect it straight up the sensor to the gauge or do i need more then just the sensor and a gauge and wire ?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    ... loosen the purse strings and go aem, they are cool beans
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Aus based company: techedge

If you dont mind overseas, innovate probably the cheapest with a gauge.

Its possible to see the output of most widebands on a laptop, so if you think you wont be using an afr gauge for a safety check while driving, can skip out on it.

Are you planning on having the ecu get a reading from the wideband? If so which ecu?

Regardless of what you get, make sure to read the application guide... little buggers tend to be picky on distance from head and which direction they point

Edit:
    I think youre asking if widebands need a special "controller"? If so, yes (most of the time) they do. The tech edge 2j unit doesnt hsve a screen of any sort and pretty sure the innovate motorsports pack has the controller in the gauge.
    Last edited by Chernoby1; 01-04-2013 at 05:47 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    techedge are ment to be pritty dang good. i miss read what you wrote lol
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Im running innovate MTX-L. http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTXL.php

I have a DC2R, so i just welded in a bung next to the stock one"stock one narrow band". Cant fault this gauge at all. Good quality. Very accurate. You can just use it to read info. Or you can connect to a laptop and upload data off it. To explain the accuracy. At idle when warmed up. The A/f ratio shows between 14.6 and 14.8, As the narrow bands leans or riches to keep a constant 14.7.

Install easy also, And no dirrect power. So when cars off it doesnt drain the battery

Looks as if i need to loosen the purse strings

I was just wanting it on a gauge guess i can do the 2 man tuner style though

Also it wont be hooked up to an ECU etc

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    Ive got the aem unit, its a nice bit if gear and not too expensive. everything is built into the gauge so all you need is to install the actual o2 sensor, hook up the gauge to some power and youre done. also has 2 more outputs for data logging which can be hooked up to hondata etc.

A local guy who lives near me

Is willing to pretty much give away a

Innovate 3737, PLX Type A
    Replacement wideband oxygen sensor for LM-1, LM-2, LC-1 and other devices

The car is a ford falcon one of the EA E series so it doesnt need to be dead set accurate it is just for tuning the ECU its just a basic N/A build

Plus i am paying a guy who is going to let use there decent Wideband set up who is going to tune it and we can see how of a cheap gauge is

I was curious the one above what unit would i need ? i just want a basic gauge no data logging so pretty please someone help me find one of those units above

Thank you in advance sorry if i dont make sense

The sensor is actually a bosch lsu 4.2

Unfortunately wideband sensors arent simple transducers. Supplying them with power and ground will not be rnough to get a signal out. Just going to go and assume you have limited knowledge in circuit design and tell you this:

You probably cant make a interface/guage for it.

Now, the next issue is buying an controller/interface thing... but without buying the sensor... no idea about innovate but tech edge does sell their 2j unit without a sensor for $159 see http://wbo2.com/2j/default.htm

This isn't a gauge and you will need to read the afr from a laptop.

The accuracy will likely be way higher than you ever need, but reducing accuracy wouldnt reduce the price so no "cheapo" controllers exists.

The absolute cheapest would be a slc gauge from http://www.14point7.com
    $125 and pretty sure itll work with the lsu4.2 but most people have changed to lsu4.9s so worth asking before buying

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    Was that directed at me?...

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    http://www.aemelectronics.com/wideba...fuel-gauge-25/

$185 delivered on ebay

This has everything you need in 1 box
    Last edited by Killa From Manila; 04-04-2013 at 05:32 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    AEM is what u want hey.
    simple to install.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....