Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    integra 98

HELP! Installed coilovers/shocks. ABS dashboard light stays on when driving

Hey guys, I got my coilovers installed yesterday and the car feels great! However the ABS dashboard light comes on when I start the car, and disappears which is normal. After a few seconds of driving it comes back on again.

I have had a look around and it seems maybe a wheel sensor or something near the shocks was pulled or touched? If anybody knows or can give me a hand that would be awesome!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    There are little abs magnet sensors behind the brake discs, mounted to the hub assembly. Have a look at those and see if the wires are intact. Also clean all the metal shavings off them. Because they are magnets the shavings build up over time.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    There are little abs magnet sensors behind the brake discs, mounted to the hub assembly. Have a look at those and see if the wires are intact. Also clean all the metal shavings off them. Because they are magnets the shavings build up over time.
    Yea i agree. Chances are the ABS sensors were knocked during the coilover install.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    +1 to this suggestion
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    integra 98
    Thanks guys ill have a go when I have time and see what happens!! Does that mean abs is off for the time being?

Member Array
    Car:
    integra 98
    Is there a picture of this magnet thing? Never seemed to notice this.. Located on the back of the disc??

Member Array
    Car:
    integra 98
    No luck...I took all 4 off and cleaned them all today. However on the passenger front left side the sensor has rubber bit missing..
    here is what it looks like

here is what the other 3 look like

i know about a way you can short the service check connector, not exactly sure where it is because the ones I look up are describing the Left hand drive integras.
    any help is appreciated thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    integra 98
    The one that seems broken should have been like that before installing coilovers because we didn't touch them beforehand.. I may ask my mechanic if I can't find the problem

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Hang on, this is a '94 model right? Check the fluid level in the abs unit. If its low or has nothing in it, there's probably a leak. If it works there should be a buzz after starting the vehicle cold.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    integra 98
    The problem still hasn't been solved. Used the machine to test that all 4 abs sensors are working, and the problem seems to be the abs unit. My mechanic said the the fluid would 'bubble'? so not a leak I think but it could be a problem with the unit. He said he will use new fluids next service and see if that fixes the problem.

what "machine" did you use to test the abs sensors?

my hunch is, that you mentioned problem started occuring after you installed coils,so maybe you might've damaged one or more of the sensors when you were installing them.

maybe bumped,stretched, pinched, etc one of the cables, and theres non visible damage.

I usually use a multimeter to check the sensors...
    Last edited by NA-tastic; 28-11-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra 98
    well it was a 'machine' that my mechanic charged $100 to use :S
    he said all 4 were fine.. and concluded that the unit was the problem..