lower control arm rear bolt passengers side

I am trying to remove the lower control arm on a honda civic EG 1995. The only bolt that wont come undone is the 17mm rear bolt on the passenger's side which appears to have been stripped as it keeps on spinning as I try to undo it, however it will tighten up.

Here is a photo of the bolt:

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/data/2/3IMG_6319.jpg

My issue is after I have removed the bolt be it with angle grinder, drill etc, what would be the best method to ensure the bolt will acutally mount, particularly if the nut which the bolt threads into is cross threaded?

yeh that's a tough one. the nut itself is inside the subframe so the only way to access it is to cut a section out

by the time you do that you might as well have replaced the whole subframe

OP

How far out can you get the head of the bolt ? You can try and use a impact gun , while levering behind the head of the nut with a flat head screw driver to get her out past the bush inside.

What happens is due to a worn bush , and pressure from other parts of the control arm - this outs a diagonal strain and make s it difficult to remove bolts, both front and rear

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Just expanding on what Ben said,if you can get the head out enough,I find levering with a smaller spanner works well

keep pressure on it as you use impact driver/ratchet to undo

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Just expanding on what Ben said,if you can get the head out enough,I find levering with a smaller spanner works well

keep pressure on it as you use impact driver/ratchet to undo
    Great addition - ill add this is also safer / easier as the spanner will stay put on the bolt as you lever it.

I can only get it out a couple of turns, nowhere near enough to place a spanner in between, ive tried doing that but it wont budge and as I try to turn the the head of the bolt to loosen it, it just spins.