Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reliability - DC2 VTIR vs DC4 GSI?

Hi guys,

New poster here - done a search and seems to be no responses to this particular question.

I'm in the market for a new run-around car, I used to own an RX-8 and downsized to an old Civic EG Breeze I bought off a mate for peanuts.

The Civic is now on it's last legs and I've realised i want something with a bit more poke than a lawnmower and also basic features ie. air-con, power windows etc. Not after huge performance or anything to mod - just an A to B that is fun when I want it to be.

Looking to spend around $5-7k and the DC4 and DC2 seem to fit the bill. Have looked around at Civics but not a huge fan of hatches.

The only thing about the DC2 that i am concerned with is it will be hard to find one that hasn't been thrashed and whilst I'm OK with general wear and tear/maintenance that goes with a 20yr old sports car, I don't want to be fixing the car every weekend and the reason i sold the RX-8 is it was a huge money pit.

So in your opinion is the reliability of the DC2 far worse than the DC4?

I don't mind spending a little bit more than above budget to get myself a well-looked after DC2 but they're hard to come by.

Do you mean DC5? DC4's can be had <$5k (depending on kms etc).

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    is a dc4 = four door?
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    They'd be equal in terms of reliailiby.. Just taht a dc2 is more likely to be abused. Both are equally likely to be neglected.

more food for thought
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...en-DC2-and-DC4
    Last edited by curtis265; 09-04-2013 at 06:36 PM.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    They'd be equal in terms of reliailiby.. Just taht a dc2 is more likely to be abused. Both are equally likely to be mistreated.

more food for thought
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...en-DC2-and-DC4
    You actually differentiate between 'mistreatment' and 'abuse'?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Yeah I do, however since you have picked up my careless mistake as our resident grammar troll, I will amend my post to read differently.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Dc5 better.....coz of year made

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    and reliability is no different regardless of dc2/4

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    what about a prelude? should be around the same amount of money, less likely to be thrashed as it seems the dc2 are more well known in the P plater community..
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    prelude harder to find parts and more expense

also has stigma as hairdressers/girls car

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    Quote Originally Posted by mogley View Post
    Hi guys,

New poster here - done a search and seems to be no responses to this particular question.

I'm in the market for a new run-around car, I used to own an RX-8 and downsized to an old Civic EG Breeze I bought off a mate for peanuts.

The Civic is now on it's last legs and I've realised i want something with a bit more poke than a lawnmower and also basic features ie. air-con, power windows etc. Not after huge performance or anything to mod - just an A to B that is fun when I want it to be.

Looking to spend around $5-7k and the DC4 and DC2 seem to fit the bill. Have looked around at Civics but not a huge fan of hatches.

The only thing about the DC2 that i am concerned with is it will be hard to find one that hasn't been thrashed and whilst I'm OK with general wear and tear/maintenance that goes with a 20yr old sports car, I don't want to be fixing the car every weekend and the reason i sold the RX-8 is it was a huge money pit.

So in your opinion is the reliability of the DC2 far worse than the DC4?

I don't mind spending a little bit more than above budget to get myself a well-looked after DC2 but they're hard to come by.

I've had a DC4 for a few years now and haven't had it serviced or maintained other than topping up the oil (shhh don't tell anyone lol).

It's a tank.
    We're doing it for the children.

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    prelude harder to find parts and more expense

also has stigma as hairdressers/girls car
    Any Honda has this stigma depending who you ask.

1v1 fight me irl.
    We're doing it for the children.