Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Legs

em1 gearbox options

Hi everyone,

Quick question need a new gearbox for my em1 just wondering would dc2r or integra vtir gearbox be a straight bolt on or does it require any modifications to fit?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    Will be a straight bolt on.. You will be slower with the vtir gearbox due to longer ratios. Replace with b16a gear box or type r.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Legs
    I'll keep that mind, thanks. Very hard to find b16 or type r gearbox.

I have a Type-R one in mine. Revs really high compared to a Vti-R one. I'll be sitting on close to 3,500 RPM on 100kms.
    Good thing I have another car for freeway driving.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Legs
    Quote Originally Posted by poweredbyhonda1 View Post
    I have a Type-R one in mine. Revs really high compared to a Vti-R one. I'll be sitting on close to 3,500 RPM on 100kms.
    Good thing I have another car for freeway driving.
    I don't have an issue with that, as I barely do any freeway driving.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    my b16 sits about that high too. its good i cant hear anybody in the car love it.

type R one would have an LSD which would be handy.
    But any B series Gearbox that uses a hydraulic clutch line will fit AND work.

makes me wonder which one i have actually.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    What's wrong with your current box? Something you can't fix? Or don't have one at all atm?

As said previously, ITR box with 4.7FD and OEM LSD would be the best bet. My only concern with buying 2nd hand GBox's is the complete unknown condition of synchros, reverse gear etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    i can +1 for this even "workshops"can be dodgy. i got a box from byp which wouldnt down shift to 3rd....
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Exactly. Have seen it with a couple of mates. 'GBox is great, no crunches whatsoever' next thing you know you have a box with shagged synchros and they start telling you it only crunches if you're doing 8,000+rpm and they won't refund you your money.

Dave did you at least get your's sorted?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Legs
    broken spider gears inside the diff and metall shavings have gone into the gears, synchros, so it will cost more than finding a 2nd hand box b16 or itr box regardless

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Dont put a s80 on a b16. I have done it. Its slow, sluggish. You will never be in the powerband. You will be always over revving the get the power. I have done this before. Biggest mistake. I even sold my em1 cause of it.

But the itr low fd gearbox will probs do the trick if your willing to spend the extra dosh. Either wise source a b16 box.
    Last edited by amant02; 28-04-2013 at 03:47 AM.