Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury 2005

Gear Lever Stuck ?!

Hey Honda Fans,

Recently upgraded my 2005 Accord Euro Luxury to an 07 model, because believe it or not, the transmission went bust a bearing or something had failed and the repair job was around 6000 dollars. Was devastated, decided to get rid of it rather than fix but was able to trade it in for a very decent sum and get a younger model that had done much fewer KM's. Just my luck however, that this one has transmission problems too it would seem. my gear lever wont move out of the Park gear. the release button wont go down. it happened a few times after i bought the car but after about 30 seconds to a minute of jiggling with it, it would come unstuck every time so i didnt think too much of it. today however, it got stuck around midday and its stayed that way ever since. thankfully its still under warranty but the dealer wont pay for the tow truck to come get it and my insurance doesn't pay for that either so i would really like to know if there is an easy fix before i spend a few hundred dollars on a tow truck.

Much appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Did your first transmission go bust because you didn't service the fluid inside your transmission?
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury 2005
    No, all minor and major services on the care were done on time at a honda service centre. i only had the first car for about 3 years and it was my daily driver, i never did anything stupid in it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury 2005
    ps, i tried to move the gearstick using the shift lock mechanism but it stilll didnt work, the release button still wont depress.

did you step on your brakes when you press the shift lock?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury 2005
    yea i was pressing on the brake when i was engaging the shift lock.. i managed to finally get it out of park with jsut dumb luck i thin, again it came unstuck for no particular reason. sending it back to the dealer to get it fixed under warranty thankfully. cheers for the help guys.