Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo

Civic Limited edition

Hi Everyone,

I've been looking for a MY10 FD1 Civic VTi for a friend of mine. She's strayed across so many different car companies... from Hyundai to Holden, finally she's agreed with me that the Honda Civic, although a bit more costly, is better than the rest in performance, refinement and resale value (obviously we saw that in this case).
    So... I have a base model VTi at the moment, and I was aware that a VTi "limited edition" came out after I bought mine... about 3 weeks. Yes, I was spewing at the time because I would have got $2000 of freebies for the same price if I had waited 3 weeks at the time I bought my VTi from the dealer!
    Anyway, I suggested we look for a Limited edition VTi because it has bluetooth as standard... yes she was about to buy an i30 just because it had bluetooth *facepalm*. But I'm getting a mixture of VTi Limited editions which is confusing me. I've looked at 8 VTi Limited editions in the past week... 5/8 had foglights and the rear chrome exhaust tip... 3/8 didn't have foglights or the rear exhaust tip... though still had bluetooth and reverse sensors.

So what I want to know is... Is this VTi Limited edition MY10 supposed to have fog lights or not?

Just go on carsales and search up Civic VTi Limited edition MY10 and see what I mean... some have foglights + rear exhaust chrome tip... and some DO NOT have this... but still have BT and Reverse sensors?

On another note... how much would foglights cost (The OEM ones)... kinda tempted to get some for my own VTi... me guesses $600 for parts alone at the dealer??? I'll skip the BT for mine, my Parrot system does a lot better!

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    hey there, im not sure about if they are supposed to have them (sounds like they where an option...) but i can tell you most companys (oem anyway) dont offer fog lights as kits.i i.e the loom is installed in cars that have it ordered at purchase, the way around this is to buy the fog lights and relevent oem hardware and have an auto elec make something, however if the foglight switch is part of the comms 2000/ clock spring assy (switch block behind the steering wheel) then you may be looking at 1000+ for that part alone. (i donno if it is, i havent driven in a hamburger)
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Definitely sounds like those two are options
    As for foglight prices, as above, probably looking at tonnes... Oem dealer parts are killer

The limited edition civic's have a badge on the rear, mag wheels 15 inch, bluetooth, reverse sensor, chrome exhaust finisher and fog lights. Or that's what they are meant to have.
    I had fog lights fitted at Collins Honda at xmas time. The kit was $450 and fitting was 2 hours labour or $150.
    I love my fog lights.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by davek View Post
    The limited edition civic's have a badge on the rear, mag wheels 15 inch, bluetooth, reverse sensor, chrome exhaust finisher and fog lights. Or that's what they are meant to have.
    I had fog lights fitted at Collins Honda at xmas time. The kit was $450 and fitting was 2 hours labour or $150.
    I love my fog lights.
    So that's $600 in total?! I thought it'd be $1000... definitely getting fog lights for my FD1 then!

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by davek View Post
    I love my fog lights.
    I managed to stumble across an official Civic LE brochure online today...

http://www.daddows.com.au/brochures_...er_24.9.10.pdf

No mention of fog lights or the chrome exhaust tip.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1
    You can find the foggies on ebay for like $80-$100

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    What are your state laws regarding fog lights?

WOTAM for something that's almost a risk to use, like in Vic.

Personally I think just go aftermarket fog lights, but if you really want to know if it's supposed to be standard on the LE just call a local dealership, yeah?