Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

stock alloy wheels

hey lad and ladettes
    forgive me if this has been covered before but I'm genuinely new at this forum thingy.
    I'm a new honda convert and have just bought a 2003 honda accord euro.
    the standard 16 inch alloys are currently on and I'm wanting to update them to the 2007 model 17 inch alloys. they are different in offset and of course size.
    I'm curious if anyone knows if the ride is going to be drastically different?
    and is safe to fit?
    thank you in advance,

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoejoejr View Post
    hey lad and ladettes
    forgive me if this has been covered before but I'm genuinely new at this forum thingy.
    I'm a new honda convert and have just bought a 2003 honda accord euro.
    the standard 16 inch alloys are currently on and I'm wanting to update them to the 2007 model 17 inch alloys. they are different in offset and of course size.
    I'm curious if anyone knows if the ride is going to be drastically different?
    and is safe to fit?
    thank you in advance,
    2007 is the same body shape and all as a 2003. No problems fitting the 17" wheels onto it.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    offset is no doubt different because the wheels are wider.
    if the body is indeed the exact same and the suspension components are all unchanged then i think the new wheels probably poke out as much as the new ones. since the new ones would be a tad wider the offset is probably just a lil more to tuck them in.

also the electronics and that are probably the same again so the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) would be unchanged and would be reading a similar sized overall wheel size so again it shouldnt be dangerous or illegal in that aspect.