Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Civic EK

EK 00 windshield rubber molding question- help appreciated

Hey guys- had a stone chip on my EK Civic (00) windscreen on the M1 on the weekend, luckily it was an insurance job and the windscreen was replaced. The guy came round yesterday and changed it with an aftermarket screen, looked alright, but just noticed the molding which goes from left pillar, top of windshield, right pillar, is only sitting flush for the top of the windshield and only about 10-15cm down each side, and then a little bit near the bottom. For most of the molding on the left and right of the windscreen, it seems to sit around a centimetre higher than flush, with a small ridge underneath? I tried pushing it down but it won’t go any further it seems.

I need to know if this is normal, because it doesn’t look right. Haven’t seen a similar car around to be able to check, so I was hoping any fellow EK owners could help out by having a look at their windscreen for me? A photo would be even better and very much appreciated.

I’ve attached a link to a photo of near the top of one side of the windscreen to show what I mean.

Thanks!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/byry/86...7633209257668/

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    is it a new seal or did he replace it?
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Civic EK
    It was the original rubber seal I believe. I don't think he replaced it.

This happened to my eg civic on only one of the sides when I got mine replaced due to a crack. Basically I've come to the conclusion that the bstrd broke the clips. Just have to live with it or go buy some new ones and do it yourself

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Civic EK
    Thanks for that Loagz.. I'm having a look at the parts diagram right now and I'm not sure I understand how it's happening. If the clips are broken, how does that raise the whole thing?

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/Page_Pr...1875%201236950

I'm not totally sure haha, but I'll recheck on mine tonight an grab a couple of pics to compare.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Civic EK
    Thanks very much! In the meantime if any other EK owners have a moment to look at their windscreen to compare, it's been very much appreciated! Want to be reasonably prepared when I call the guy up and tell him something's up.

http://i.imgur.com/FHA77D9.jpg

This is mine you can quite easily see the gap from glass to mold, down near the base of the window there are some orange clips which are broken. I think he just sikaflex the molding on heh

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    who's your insurer?
    most of them offer lifetime guarantees on any work authorised by them

this case appears to be 'improper' installation.
    i'd call up and make a complaint

Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK
    Yeah mate If your not happy complain

The longer you leave it the harder it will be to get it fixed

Take it to a window place or ring one to come have a look

Best of luck bro.

I can take a pic of mine if you like
    My style