Member Array
    Car:
    EK1

EK1 eBay Simota intake

So I just bought the Simota "whale penis" intake from eBay. I've read other posts and threads on installing. But one thing that's been bothering me is.. Why is the small rubber black hose so long??

What I did was loop it around back to the breather hose (is that what it's called??).
    Now I'm questioning myself as to whether or not I did that effectively or just completely wrong.
    Last edited by o0ultima0o; 14-04-2013 at 06:43 PM. Reason: moved images. woops :)

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    When I installed mine, I cut the hose to size. Works fine no hassles.

Tho, im not sure why its so long.
    oldskool Civics FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    link to where you got it ? i want one too
    SingleCammerJammer

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    You're meant to connect it straight to the valve cover. Just leave that metal pipe thing hanging there. Only the bottom pipe is in use, the top you can leave it

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by eren View Post
    link to where you got it ? i want one too
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SIMOTA-TW...cd484fc&_uhb=1

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by duzy View Post
    You're meant to connect it straight to the valve cover. Just leave that metal pipe thing hanging there. Only the bottom pipe is in use, the top you can leave it
    the supplied rubber hose is too small/narrow to fit onto the valve cover's plug.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    Quote Originally Posted by o0ultima0o View Post
    the supplied rubber hose is too small/narrow to fit onto the valve cover's plug.
    I think I made mine fit with pressure.

Just force it in.
    oldskool Civics FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    any issues if i just leave the hose curled up like that and "extending" the breather length??

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    I dont think much would happen. Just make sure that its tightly secured you don't want it moving around.
    oldskool Civics FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    quick questions @ those that have this intake. (not sure if applies to genuine simota):
    should i change the supplied pod filter to a better one (not for power, just cleaner/safer for the engine)?
    is the pod washable?
    if i should change it, what's the neck diameter (ceebs going outside and measuring in the dark) and any suggestions?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Pod is likely washable, but personally I'd rather just replace. They're cheap as.

Pod filter is a pod filter. Some companies reckon they're better than the rest but really it's not a big deal, nothing worth writing home about in terms of differences.

To clean, just get some detergent in water, swish the filter around a bit, then let it dry and apply some filter oil if you have some.