Member Array

Subless system: HP or LP or Fullrange the 6x9's?

HI guys

First post in this section! Wanted to ask somthing. I've installed an amp currently running crappy pioneer speakers 30wRMS at the front 6.5" (*getting mb quartz split/components soon*) and new jvc 6x9's in the rear 50wRMS (*still breaking them in*).

Now i'm not planning to get a sub or a mono amp... because i need the boot space for work and shopping.

I know that front speakers run HP to filter out the low frequences to achieve midbass and SQ and subs run LP to achieve the subbass, but what should i run my 6x9's? Any help appreciated boyz. Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    High pass the 6x9s; they can't reproduce sub bass
    Intentionally Left Blank

Member Array
    Car:
    wheely bin
    yer 6x9 arnt the best for proper bass id sugest a small 8" sub in the frunt somewere
    bennjamin says:
    bennys penis shrunk abt when i started taking the 250 to 17000 llover the place

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    y0 ATSE... u're from Melb right?.. come into Chaddy JB Hifi.. i'll hook u up wif sum stuff man.. i work in Car Audio so come in we'll have a chat and give ya sum prices

*edit: u said u dont wanna buy sub cos u need the space right?.. we've got a product that's called "max bass"...

"MaxxBass® is a patented technology, which extends the bass frequency range by allowing listeners to perceive bass frequencies more than an octave below the physical limitations of speakers systems. In cars MaxxBass® allows door mounted speakers that typically drop off below 70-100Hz to play down another octave or more. It also improves the richness and loudness in subwoofer systems.

Unlike other bass technologies MaxxBass® delivers more perceived bass while simultaneous reducing the likelihood of damaging speakers and amplifiers. MaxxBass® also delivers this extended bass without any perceived distortion. MaxxBass® technology has been used for years in mastering most of the world's most popular music."
    Last edited by J-MuN; 28-03-2005 at 05:03 PM.
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    hows this maxbass work?

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    it kinda makes an illusion for your eyes.. making u hear sif u got a sub in the rear (when ur speakers are amped) and the spks will sound as if they are amped if u dont have an amp... with a sub, it brings the sub level sounds to the front, making u feel asif the sub is located at the front of the car...

*EDIT: or did u want the technical side of things...?
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, R6
    say what....!

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    That's BS.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    the maxxbass thing is in the current InCar Entertainment. I haven't seen them in the flesh, haven't heard of them beyond the bit in the magazine so i have no idea if they're any good. for more info http://www.qualifit.com.au/
    Intentionally Left Blank

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    it aint BS Javed.. my ex-manager is now the Sales Manager for Qualifit.. i got a demo of it 2 weeks ago... saw it in flesh... i reckon its pretty damn good...
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    EK civic
    I person would like to know more about how it works. I assume that it would just be a simple EQ that is set to boost lower frequencies and therefore jeopardising overall sound quality/levels. I may be wrong and don’t know for sure but that is my assumption and would be glad to be told otherwise. Got any more info?

Also how much does it cost?

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    http://www.wavescaraudio.com/
    try that site.. it will give u an explanation on how it works... it aint too cheap though.. roughly $399 @ JB Hifi...
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW