Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5

Dc5 Suspension Questions

Hey guys,

Just had my car lowered, its a DC5 2002 base model.
    I have now installed Eibach Prokit springs and it came out pretty well.
    It is currently rubbing a bit and i'm just wondering is it worth getting the guards rolled? If so, does anybody know a reputable place in melbourne that can do guards rolled for cheap and a quality job? I've searched around this forum and cannot find anything on guard rolling:S Also, i posted pics for anybody else with a base dc5 to see how it looks with a set of eibachs.

Any ideas or comment would be appreciated!!

Cheers

BEFORE
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cp5172216317440372231.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	24536

AFTER

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	24537

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	24538
    Last edited by aspirin_ash7; 12-04-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Int5
    Hey mate
    I've never heard of eibach prokit causes this problem, maybe you're running wrong wheel/tyre size..prokit only drops 1inch front and 1.4 rear, with that drop it should not rub at all.
    Maybe your alignment is out, camber kit is needed.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

Can you be more specific where is it rubbing? Front, rear. inside or outside the tyres.?
    Rolling your guards isn't the right solution.
    Last edited by int5; 16-04-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    At that height I doubt your tyre will be contacting the guards. Does it mainly scrub on full lock? Eg: when parking

It will most likely be the plastic inner guard liner. When I had this problem I just got out the heat gun and went over the bits the tyre was contacting to stop it. Eventually the tyres will just wear the plastic away anyway lol

If it is the guards just get some more camber dialed in but i doubt its that.

Ryan

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5
    Damn, thought i replied to this.

So mainly the rubbing occurs when i go quickly over small potholes and if i go fast enough over a speed bump. Speed Bumps dont bug me but its mainly when im driving and all of a sudden there is almost a flaw in the road which causes my car to suddenly hit a ditch which in that case it rubs. I can also hear it rubbing when i'm going at average speeds 50-60 but ONLY when there is sudden downward movement.
    From what i can tell, (i'm not that great with cars keeping in mind) it is hitting the mud guard which is above the wheel. I hear you can tkae this guard off but can cause crap to fly up into the engine which shouldnt be too good. But yes, from what i can see it is the actual mud guard or whatever you call it that is hitting and causing it to rub. This issue only occurs on my front 2 tyres as well and my back ones are fine! Thanks for the help

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Yeah thought that would be the issue. Just get under there with a heat gun and slightly press in the parts that are rubbing or just wait until it wears itself down lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5
    Haha yeah might go with the heat gun! dont want to wear/damage my tyres out any faster.

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Don't think it will damage your tyres much, it's just bloody annoying. Especially in a parking lot, "hey check out that awesome car, wait wtf is that noise that its making?" Lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5
    haha so true thanks for the help anyway