do aftermarket reinforced engine mount stronger and last longer than OEM ?

i drive my teg HARD from time to time, shifting like im racing, a LOT of city driving, and i use it to tow 700+ kg boat+trailer .

i know right, thats why the rubber bushing on my rubbish quality aftermarket rear engine mount disappeared in less than a year. but that was a $50 off eBay.

i inspected the engine, besides the rear one finished. the 2 big ones on the side still has full rubber but have a minor crack on it. i can't see the bottom 2 without ripping the bottom plastic cover off.

now i can either just buy the rear OEM Honda mount for $181, or a full set for $345
    http://www.hard-race.com.au/index.ph...product_id=113

so for $160 more i get 4 more mounts, surely OEM will be ALOT more.
    now i guess the HardRace would be better than the $50 i had, but are they better than OEM, with my style of driving and towing i doubt OEM will last too long.

anyone got any idea/experience of those mounts that claim to be 150% stronger than OEM ? and will the car vibrate more?
    Last edited by vcreation; 14-04-2013 at 02:29 AM.

I reckon your best bet is to replace your broken mounts, sell the car and buy something that is made to tow 700kg+ and not worry about any mounts breaking because a integra isn't made to tow 700kg+
    That's my opinion mate

The whole towing thing aside. I think those mounts will be pretty quiet. I don't think they'll be any louder then stock.

I have hasport mounts in mine and its pretty loud. If something on the car is even remotely lose, it rattles.

not sure how long they'll last. It all comes down to how you drive as well. New mounts with a slightly slower shifting style might be all you need.

Race car mounts will give a lot of vibration, rattles, noise etc, OEM will give the latter.

If its a daily, I wouldn't go for race car mounts, they'll do your head in, personally speaking here.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    Just get any replacement mount. .

Neither way, a integra particularly a dc4 (b18b2) is not made to power 2 tons... -_-..zzzz

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I would stick with original mounts for daily driving mate, spend/save the extra money on a proper towing car because towing a 700kg boat + trailer can have really bad effects on the life and condition of your chassis, engine and gearbox, more so if the car was not intended for this purpose. Just curious, how do you manage to pull the boat and trailer up steeper or wet ramps with the Integra?
    Last edited by dfdc2r; 15-04-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vcreation View Post

anyone got any idea/experience of those mounts that claim to be 150% stronger than OEM ? and will the car vibrate more?
    FYI - I installed the hardrace mounts recently. With ONLY the rear installed, there was no extra vibration or harshness at all. If only your rear is torn like mine was hardrace would be ok, but it only comes in the full kit with the other 4 mounts. The front 2 torque mounts on mine were pretty worn as well, so if yours are ok it might vibrate a little more with just the rear mount replaced.

Once I installed all the others is a different story. Your car will definitely vibrate a lot more, get ready for everything in the dash/roof/doors to creak and rattle like crazy. Something behind the front bar is also vibrating quite loudly.

Idle is ok once warmed up, but just off idle from 1-3k it is pretty bad both when accelerating and on trailing throttle. Above 3k it is smooth, little more noise but it doesn't feel like the car is shaking to bits.

Mine is only weekend/track car so it is fine, if you are looking for a quiet daily driver I would stay away from anything but OEM unless you like more noise/vibration.