Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2

used cu2 lux navi - not popular?

I have been trying to sell my 2010 cu2, with 41,000km and priced well in thr middle of redbook valuation for that specs BUT i only got 2 genuine enquiries in 6 weeks!

Could it be the cobalt blue colour?

Could it be used cu2's r not desireable?

Or it is just brisbane where everything is slow to move? Dealers close on sundays here!

I feel like i bought the wrong car in the first place, it's not even an Alfa or MG (takes forever to sell).
    Last edited by natnat; 14-04-2013 at 06:12 PM.

I think there is so many around and another thing is people don't have cash.

One of main things would be a new car price which is 30k

Member Array
    Car:
    MY13 CU2 LUX
    If you're not getting any interest the price is too high. Look at what similar cars are being advertised for on carsales etc.

For example, there are a few 2010 Lux Navi's with similar km on carsales for ~$24-25K. There's a 2009 with 40,000km for $23K.

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    There are three reasons:

1. you are in QLD, would sell quicker if in NSW or VIC

2. Asking price, suggest lowering the price ( as per redbook CU2 lux rather than lux navi) brand new lux navi can be driven away for 39000

3. cobalt blue.. U can't help it
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Link to your ad? I don't think the blue is an issue, and since no one is coming to see your car, it wouldn't be it's condition. Sounds like the price is way too high in my opinion!

theres probably too many euros for that price and someone would prefer to spend the less and colour they want also

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Accord VTI-L
    sorry to hear natnat, if i was spending that kind of dosh on such a new car, i would be going to a dealer, not private.That and cash is hard to come by at the moment too.

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    the redbook private sales valuation for 2010 MY11 is between 26,500-29,500. i put mine at 28,500. i don't think that's too high for one with 41,000km with minimal wear and tear, but each person has different opinion.

it's true that cash is hard to come by for some people and the fact that you can get a brand new car for around that money does not help, however those cars are not in the same class as accord euro / mazda 6 / etc.

anyway, thanks for the opinion guys! the wife is happy to keep it until sold for a reasonable price as i have advised her the estimated annual holding costs (insurance / depreciation / forfeited interest savings on $28k) vs excessive drop in price, but it's just me having 3 cars is a bit of a hassle to maintain!

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    It's a good car there's no doubt it will definitely sell quicker if u can lower the price a bit say 26000-26500. Cos with 28500 u can get a MY12 euro lux navi with 41000km
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Why not 25k if you're that worried
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Yeah think price is the issue bud...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by natnat View Post
    the redbook private sales valuation for 2010 MY11 is between 26,500-29,500. i put mine at 28,500. i don't think that's too high for one with 41,000km with minimal wear and tear, but each person has different opinion.

it's true that cash is hard to come by for some people and the fact that you can get a brand new car for around that money does not help, however those cars are not in the same class as accord euro / mazda 6 / etc.

anyway, thanks for the opinion guys! the wife is happy to keep it until sold for a reasonable price as i have advised her the estimated annual holding costs (insurance / depreciation / forfeited interest savings on $28k) vs excessive drop in price, but it's just me having 3 cars is a bit of a hassle to maintain!
    I understand where you're coming from, the seller always wants to get as much out of their products as possible. But the opposite is true for the buyer. RedBook is just a guide. You have to understand that. It's like how Logitech might say a keyboards RRP is $200, but all the retailers are selling it for $100 new. You can't attempt to sell it at $180 just because you feel it's a reasonable price and it's under the price Logitech suggest. I mean you can, but there aren't that many fools these days. Another example, would be how a tuner could spend 30k on tuning their car. It may only be worth 10k stocked, but when they want to sell it, they can't price it at 40k, no one would even look at it. Same applies for your car, if the market is at a lower price point for the same/similar spec, doesn't matter what Redbook says, you won't me be getting anything near it, especially not when there's an abundance of choice. To put it another way, it's not like the other sellers don't want to be getting $28k for their car, they just know it won't sell at that price.

Other options? Be patient and perhaps you'll gate lucky. Otherwise, the worst that can happen is that you keep the car, which isn't a bad thing. Although do remember, the longer it takes, the more depreciation sinks in.