Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu
    Quote Originally Posted by natnat View Post
    the redbook private sales valuation for 2010 MY11 is between 26,500-29,500. i put mine at 28,500. i don't think that's too high for one with 41,000km with minimal wear and tear, but each person has different opinion.
    Go to a dealer and get a quote. You might be shocked. A dealer would probably offer you well under 20k.
    There's a few things going on here. First, Redbook seems to over value cars by ~20%. Not sure if it's deliberate or if it's just dated.
    Second, QLDers are probably a bit more cash strapped than other people if real estate and other economic data is anything to go by.
    3rd, it's very attractive for people to buy a new car and salary sacrifice since some new tax rules came into effect a few years ago.
    As suggested, lower expectations, lower price and see what happens. At least you're in Brisbane and not regional. Even the Gold Coast would be a lot harder place to sell a car.

oh and cars do not sell for what they are listed for on Carsales (shock horror), that is the asking price and starting point for negotiation. If your list price isn't competitive then nobody is going to bother starting a negotiation with you. Start by putting yourself in the buyers shoes. If you were a buyer comparing similar listings would you inquire about your listing?

Your car is only depreciating more by every month and every km.

another tip, if you've got the cash it's always better to buy a 2nd hand car 2 to 5 years old. As you now know you have a lot more power to negotiate when you're holding the cash. I recently got a 2007 lux navi for 12k (120,000 km). Insurer says it's worth 16k. Not sure where they get their valuation from? I suspect they just want me to over insure it for $16k rather than $12k.
    Last edited by Phoebus; 17-04-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    Best example is: redbook valuation Of private sale for 06 CL9 auto around 100k for $15000 ., I am not going to sell it with that price tag
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    What a pity you are selling the Euro,it is such an awesome car...

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    Well, the last bmw m3 v8 sedan is a true AWESOME car, but 1 new m3 = 3 new cu2.