Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R

Personal import of a JDM DC2R

Hi

I am currently living in a NZ and am looking at moving to Brisbane later in the year.
    I am looking for an opinion on if it is worth importing my JDM DC2R.

She is totally stock apart from a J's Racing Ti exhaust and is basically immaculate for a 14 year old car so I don't think I would easily replace her.

Some pics to help the opinion.
    http://www.supersharpshooter.co.nz/p...ntegra-type-r/

Any Kiwi's on here imported a car from NZ to Aus by the way?

Thanks in advance
    Stretch

Member Array
    Car:
    2014 NSX
    Clean car mate, I definitely recommoned bringing it with you to Aus, never seen a jap spec Milano red. Haha all the imports are championship white !

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Shouldn't be too hard to get approval, all the information you need you should be able to find online.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    as a guide the last 98 spec sold for around 20k, so thats roughly 40k nzd lol

Love it! You won't find one like that easily at all. It'll be worth the effort to bring it over.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    very nice car. If it has Hids, that will give you problems. As here they need to be self cleaning and self leveling!

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    pretty sure if its a personal import it doesnt matter

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Looks beautiful. Bring it over or you'll regret it for the rest of your life lol

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    Im pretty sure they have to unless they fall into certain criterias like classic car, rare ect. Which a JDM Dc2R wont.

Ive been pulled up for random inspections and i never been bothered for the HIDS as they look stock. But a inspection center may look closer into it!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    Correct. At least in Victoria (and most likely other states, the road rules for registration are relatively consistent throughout the country) a personal import doesn't have to comply with any of the Australian Design Rules (ADRs) except it must have seat belts, seats with head restraints and child restraints as applicable to the date of manufacture. So the rules regarding HIDs and washers do not apply, as they are not legislated anywhere but in the ADRs.

Here's an excerpt from the Victorian road rules to give you an idea, other states will be similar:

Quote Originally Posted by Road Safety (Vehicles) Regulations 2009
    23 Partial exception to compliance with ADRs — personally imported vehicles

(1) In this clause — personally imported vehicle means a vehicle built after 1968 that is imported into Australia under regulation 13 of the Motor Vehicle Standards Regulations 1989 of the Commonwealth by a person who owned and used the vehicle for a continuous period of at least—

(a) in the case of a vehicle owned by the applicant before 9 May 2000, 3 months;

(b) in any other case, 12 months— before it was imported into Australia.

(2) A personally imported vehicle must be fitted with—

(a) seat belts that are as effective as seat belts that meet an Australian Standard or British Standard for seat belts as in force when this clause commenced; and

(b) seat belt anchorages that meet the number and location requirements of second or third edition ADR 5; and

(c) child restraint anchorages that meet the number, location, accessibility, thread size and form requirements of second edition ADR 34 or third edition ADR 5 or 34; and

(d) head restraints that meet the number, location and size requirements of second or
    third edition ADR 22.

(3) However, a personally imported vehicle need only meet the requirements of an ADR referred to in subclause (2) if the ADR recommends that it should apply, or applies, to a vehicle of the same type.

(4) A personally imported vehicle need not otherwise comply with an ADR applied by clause 19(1) or 20(1).
    Therefore OP you should import your car. Good condition DC2Rs are not that common here let alone Milano Red, which is colour choice of champions.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    red is the worst colour and not in demand much

#milano_pink

Quote Originally Posted by JDM DC2R View Post
    Im pretty sure they have to unless they fall into certain criterias like classic car, rare ect. Which a JDM Dc2R wont.

Ive been pulled up for random inspections and i never been bothered for the HIDS as they look stock. But a inspection center may look closer into it!
    no one pulled you over in your audm integra mate, don't lie