Missing inner guard liners

Newbie question, I looked in FAQ and couldn't see an answer.
    I've looked at a few s2000's for sale and they all had either missing or cut up inner guard liners. I'm talking about the plastic bit inside the front arch.
    All the owners with them missing said there was no issue and they had got torn up by the front tyres. The cars with damaged ones were from the tyres.
    One of the cars looked pretty good but the liners were torn, is this a thing to worry about/ and easy fix or a deal breaker?

I think you have to ask why they're missing. Perhaps the result of a dodgy crash repair where panels are out of alignment, perhaps the result of owner fitting a large wheel/tyre combo etc.
    Perfect stock cars generally fetch the most $ and shouldn't have any problems with liners.
    Liners are good at protecting the arches of the wheel area from water and mud, too much of which will add to corrosion. It is possible though to drive your car around sans liners. You could source some secondhand but it will cost you time and money. How much are you willing to pay?
    I think if it's an otherwise good car a torn liner is not a deal breaker.
    Last edited by beanz; 17-04-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    I would also be concerned... even larger tyre/rim combos shouldn't necessitate removal of the whole guard liner.
    Torn liner may be more common but not missing

Thanks for replys guys.
    I have looked at four cars, one missing the liners was lowered and the guy pulled them out, the others had torn asked for details for revs checks and all but one gave me confirmation of details. "Why do you need that for" was what I was told and other things were the other responses. After doing checks I'm worrying if there that many clean cars around!
    The car I'm most interested in has the inner guards cut back as someone has rolled the arches so there is an honest reason for it, not just a shrug of shoulders.

S2Krazy Array
    I cut mine. It was blue s2000 with later model lights and lip kit all round.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...