Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTi

D16y Overheating

Hey Ozhondas, as the title states my EG d16y is overheating. I have bled the cooling system for air locks, checked thermstat and tested the radiator fan. Everything is working properly but it is stilling overheating.

Could my radiator cap cause the engine to overheat because whenever i come back home and I open the bonnet, I see my coolant overflow bottle filled up to the lid.

Please help me find the problem

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    yep it sure can.
    i would replace the cap (for 20 dollers who cares)
    double check the thermostat- run it with out one for a bit- i once had one that when i tested it on the stove it looked good until i tested another.. mine was opening waay late
    water pump
    and check for signs of head gasket failure
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Are you losing coolant?
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK
    Have you ran some flushes through it ?

Start the car with the cap off, if you see bubbles could be looking at needing a head done.

Over heating can be a funny thing...
    My style

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTi
    Problem solved fellas. It was a faulty thermostat and the cap just needed to be replace.

Thanks for your help

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    If you have already tested your thermostat and fan switch, these would be the best steps to check next:

Pressure test the radiator cap & cooling system first to make sure they are holding pressure, as this will show any leaks from gaskets and hoses, as well as determining if you have a faulty rad cap.

Then flow test the radiator for blockages, using a simple garden hose. Stick hose in the top rad neck and crank the water. Pay attention to how quickly and how clean the water is as it comes out the bottom neck.

Carry out voltage test on coolant temp sensor. Make sure it is going from 5V-0V as engine coolant temperatures increase.

Lastly, check for blown headgasket
    - ie TK Head Check and/or leak down tester
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo
    he already solve it stndrd
    FFamily