Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

New 2013 Accord - same old 5A plus less power *yawn*

If the new Thailand specs are anything to go by, the new 2013 Accord (due for release next month), will have the same old 5-speed automatic instead of the new CVT that the US gets. To make matters worse, the new "Earth Dreams" 2.4L engine puts out less power (128 kW) than the current 2.4L engine (136 kW). Again, the US model puts out more power than this (138-142 kW depending on spec).

The colour choice drops from the current 6 down to just 5, and includes Crystal Black, Modern Steel, Champagne Frost, White Orchid, and Alabaster Silver.
    Last edited by Honda_Boi; 19-04-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Lol ****en fail....
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    that would suck if the case ...still get the 6AT on the v6 though That would be the pick

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Who buys the NA Accord
    JDM Euro is where it's at
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Who buys the NA Accord
    There might not be a JDM euro
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Who buys the NA Accord
    v6 yes, i4 no!
    Last edited by Rudy; 20-04-2013 at 08:17 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    There might not be a JDM euro
    Will this mean Euro's will go up in resale value lol

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    that would suck if the case ...still get the 6AT on the v6 though That would be the pick
    No V6 on the Honda Thailand website. Can't see them making a V6 just for Australia given how few they sell in OZ anyway. I was considering a new model V6 Accord but if not available, then other brands now come into play with me.

I4's with less power than USA versions... Even greater fail but they rely on the average mug not knowing any better. Again, I can't see Honda Thailand making uprated power versions just for Australia.

JDM/European Accord has been confirmed by Honda. They're working on it. But for such a large and long car, rear leg room in the current CU2 is very very very poor. Even my six-year-old tells me that my next car must have more room!

Anyone hoping for a diesel salvation for the Euro might be disappointed. The 2.2 litre Honda diesel has uncompetitive power and torque of 110kw and 350Nm respectively. Compare that with Peugeot at 150kW and 450Nm. What's wrong Honda?

Honda OZ on it's way down-down-down to oblivion...
    Last edited by SPQR; 20-04-2013 at 01:49 PM.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    hmm interesting...what a let down Not that I really like the way the 9th gen looks anyhow or would consider one, but still.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    They've 'confirmed' the European accord but they didnt specify just how different it would be from the USDM accord

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ho...hes-49026.html
    ^^^^ this is a interesting article.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    I'd rather an I4 over a V6 any day really
    Not to mention the shabby transmissions plaguing Honda

The rear looks like a BMW

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Honda pretty much died 10 years ago. I mean name one car that's been released in the past 10 years that is truly revolutionary or anything of the sort. I think they've spent most of their remaining cash on the latest CRV and are praying it picks up because there's really nothing in their range currently that is anything special.