Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    No point comparing to US..everything is cheaper there..they only pay about 60k for their AMGs. But it's a valid point to compare it to outgoing aus model prices. current gen v6-L was a lot more than 44k when it came out though. It was like 49 ish or slightly above on road. So it's not really an 11k difference. Most likely, when sales slump, new gen prices will be dropped significantly like they did with current model.

No issues with late model trannies at all. Maybe you're thinking back to the 6th gen, but I can tell you havn't driven a Honda v6. The old mans 7th gen 3.0 has oodles of bottom end grunt. Much more responsive than even the current model 328i I drove and E320s etc. I don't think Honda needed to go above 3.0. That car had the right balance.
    Last edited by Rudy; 09-05-2013 at 12:46 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    51000 drive away for V6-L with 6 speed

What's the point of buying this car?

51000 drive away = Jeep Grand Cherokee Lerado diesel with sunroof or leather seats
    Last edited by mrgu; 09-05-2013 at 12:52 AM.
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    hmm... I just couldn't pay that much for american quality.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    hmm... I just couldn't pay that much for american quality.
    I wouldn't pay 50 grand for a Thai made Honda accord either.

You'd be better off with a Aurion Pesara.

The new Commodore Calais is only 40 grand..... And the V8 SS-V (the lux version) is only $45 K

A Caprice is $59,990......
    Last edited by Fredoops; 09-05-2013 at 01:59 AM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Neither would I...wasnt trying to defend the accord, my bad.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    I'd pay $50k for a new Euro and a few more mods
    it seems ever since the 90's Honda's pricing of the accord hasn't changed much
    Maybe it's cheaper than the 90's - due to inflation and what not
    but paying over $40k for a 'new' car on the same old chassis as the previous gen doesn't do it for me
    As a few people said before you can get a camry, i mean Aurion or commonwhore with all the features for that price
    Honda has really lost its way
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

You'd be better off with a Aurion Pesara.
    I wouldnt pay that much for a rebadge Camry either...

Sadly we still doesnt know the future of Accord Euro. Yes HA said they will still sell both here, but they didnt mentioned anything about will there be a new model for Euro or not. Even Honda Japan has removed Accord Euro (like Civic) from their website...

Note: just realised I've paid that amount for my CX9 GT and the previous C class... I wouldnt pay that much for both either... lol

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    I wouldnt pay that much for a rebadge Camry either...

Sadly we still doesnt know the future of Accord Euro. Yes HA said they will still sell both here, but they didnt mentioned anything about will there be a new model for Euro or not. Even Honda Japan has removed Accord Euro (like Civic) from their website...

Note: just realised I've paid that amount for my CX9 GT and the previous C class... I wouldnt pay that much for both either... lol
    While I understand where you're coming from, I can't agree with you when you say an Aurion is a rebadged Camry. While's true, it's like saying the Euro is a rebadged Accord, which in itself is true, but both are very different cars.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    While I understand where you're coming from, I can't agree with you when you say an Aurion is a rebadged Camry. While's true, it's like saying the Euro is a rebadged Accord, which in itself is true, but both are very different cars.
    Hahaha it just that I have a friend whose dad asked him to buy a camry before he can move with my friend in Australia. but by the time he got here, he look at the camry my friend bought and say "WTF is this shit??? I asked you to buy a camry, what the heck is this?" LOL

And I agree with calling the Euro as "Accord" and our thai accord as "inspire"... calling the cu2 accord euro is just doesnt make sense... "an Accord that made in Japan but with Euro badge"

Or maybe we can call the Thai built Accord as "Thaicord"?
    Last edited by denot; 09-05-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post

And I agree with calling the Euro as "Accord" and our thai accord as "insight"... calling the cu2 accord euro is just doesnt make sense... "an Accord that made in Japan but with Euro badge"

Or maybe we can call the Thai built Accord as "Thaicord"?
    Insight?

You mean Inspire right?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Insight?

You mean Inspire right?
    gaaah you beat me too it... I've edited my post after yours

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    whats wrong with thai build quality anyway? That is only where it's assembled. I havn't heard any real life complaints or issues. Not like detroit churning out crap for the last 40 years, which is a REAL stigma to overcome. The Cord is just too expensive. Whether it was assembled in Japan or not, wouldn't change that.
    Last edited by Rudy; 09-05-2013 at 06:35 PM.