Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    because even honda themselves know it's not good as japan

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...2577850024B9C7

it IS better than the US factory (slightly) however US cars got more goodies.

Oh btw.

Boot capacity is listed as 457 litres for the new Accord.
    Thats less than a Nissan Pulsar.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    whats wrong with thai build quality anyway? That is only where it's assembled. I havn't heard any real life complaints or issues. Not like detroit churning out crap for the last 40 years, which is a REAL stigma to overcome. The Cord is just too expensive. Whether it was assembled in Japan or not, wouldn't change that.
    Nothing specifically wrong with Thai built cars. It's just the fit and finish isn't to the same standards as with cars built in Japan. The problem is though, that the reason one would get a Thai built car over a Japanese built car is because of price (free-trade agreement and lower operating cost), however, looking at the new Accord, it's pricing is sky high and yet it's underpinnings is decade old. When you can get Japanese built cars of similar specs for similar or less (talking about the Euro here), then why would you bother with Thai built?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    The v6's consumption is likely to be worse than the Holden commodore.... 9.2 vs 8.7 combined.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Euro - 8.7 combined from an NA 4 cyl! , with 95 RON! That's about same combined fuel cost as the new v6 accord, without the performance. They need to make substantial improvements for the next euro imo. And give it more leg room. You can only fit 2 standard sized adults comfortably. For a big heavy car, that's not acceptable!

That article is interesting...

"According to spokesman Mark Higgins, there have been no complaints or negative comments from owners of Thai-built Hondas"

That's the important measure. Actual buyers/owners of the cars seem to be happy No mention of any quality issues of the actual finished product that reaches our shores.
    Last edited by Rudy; 10-05-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    ..And give it more leg room. You can only fit 2 standard sized adults comfortably. For a big heavy car, that's not acceptable!
    Agree. As I've said before, even my young child complains about the lack of legroom in the Euro.

I got a reply from Honda on the new Accord pricing. Apparently it's Australian Government taxes, regulations and tariffs that "influence" the price of their cars.

What rot! 0% Australian tariff rate for Thai built cars and the labour costs are even less than the USA. The last I checked, the USA has taxes and onerous regulations too.

More like pick a number and see if the mugs will buy it.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    More like pick a number and see if the mugs will buy it.
    Exactly SPQR... If curently all mid to large car sold well around $30k price tag, why would you want to sell it at $25k and get less profit?

The only time I can see our car price will go down if EVERY ONE protest and stop buying new car. Which, I cant see it happens anytime soon

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    Exactly SPQR... If curently all mid to large car sold well around $30k price tag, why would you want to sell it at $25k and get less profit?

The only time I can see our car price will go down if EVERY ONE protest and stop buying new car. Which, I cant see it happens anytime soon
    +1. Honda isn't the only one doing this though. With the previous gen Mazda 6, the price dropped $3k across the range after about 3 months of being on the market. The CU2 may have had something to do with it though.... however if they could have done that to begin with, they should have. One of the reason's I didn't get a Mazda 6 was because of the pricing, and you know what, I'm happier with the CL9 anyways.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    One of the reason's I didn't get a Mazda 6 was because of the pricing, and you know what, I'm happier with the CL9 anyways.
    Back in 2003 we didnt get the Mazda because 125kw vs 140kw.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Back in 2003 we didnt get the Mazda because 125kw vs 140kw.
    Yeah, but when I got my CL9 it was in 2008, and the new Mazda 6 had just come out, where as the CU2 was only about to, so the CL9 was end of line. Was questioning the end of line part, as I didn't really like the CU2's look. Which was why I was looking at the 6.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Have a drive of the new accord 4 cly. Cant tell it has less power, can tell has more torque down low so it feels quicker than the old model.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    It's still the cut cost developing country version Hondas trying to flog here... At a premium no less.

While the Japanese will get the USDM version as their Inspire as usual

Poor form.

The more torque is from the "lightened pumping" losses stem from the "earth dreams" design

A combo of low viscosity oil and whats the equivalent of lightened pulleys
    Last edited by Fredoops; 26-05-2013 at 01:30 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1 View Post
    Have a drive of the new accord 4 cly. Cant tell it has less power, can tell has more torque down low so it feels quicker than the old model.
    nice, thanks for the feedback..torque is what counts in these big cars!