Question for mechanics. K20 Axle leak?

This morning i jacked up my AUDM Integra dc5R to see if all the rubbers, engine mounts etc underneath were all in good nick. The car has not been degreased once since i bought it last year so the bottom is a little dirty.

I couldn't help but notice that the driver side axle was leaking something.

Has anyone experienced this before?
    It looks fresh as there is no build up.
    Could it be a costly repair? What is the danger of driving it like this?

My friend said that if the right side suspension was moved back a tiny bit from a hard impact, it may cause it to leak. How true could this be?

Appreciate it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    driveshaft seal?
    SingleCammerJammer

I have no clue bro.. Could it be a driveshaft seal?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Do you hear any knocks while turning or turning the steering wheel when stationary?

not when stationary. But 1 engine mount is cracked which causes vibration while driving and while idling. So because of that vibration, it's not possible to hear any other vibrations. I will change that in a few days so i will have to check after that.

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    Quote Originally Posted by madapo View Post
    not when stationary. But 1 engine mount is cracked which causes vibration while driving and while idling. So because of that vibration, it's not possible to hear any other vibrations. I will change that in a few days so i will have to check after that.
    you might wanna check your transmission oil , may need top up after leak
    SingleCammerJammer

Ozhonda Trader Array
    The pic you've taken is of the driveshaft/diff seal. You need to remove driveshaft, pluck it out and refit new seal. You may have difficulty removing that seal, because it's fairly sturdy - I've never done it on the car only with gearbox removed, but an inexpensive seal remover will help if you're DIY. The seal is inexpensive, <$20. Dunno on labour, probably take a couple hours to do properly. Check the MT fluid level as the leak is not insignificant going by the pictures. Maybe a good time to do a drain and refill because you'll lose a bit when you pluck out the driveshaft anyway. Don't leave it too long, because not only is it messy, you don't know how long it's been going and they don't hold that much gear oil in the first place.

Jack the RH side a little higher if possible (use axle stands of course) and that will help you make less mess once you pluck the driveshaft out.

I may be updating to a JDM brembo kit so i will be taking out the driveshafts etc anyway and replacing it with the JDM edition. I will change the seal then. After finishing everything, how can i refill the gearbox oil and is there a specific location to check the level. What gearbox oil brand should i use?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    there should be a drain and filler plug that you use to drain and fill respectively.

check the level by opening the filler plug and sticking your finger in there.. it should just be below the level of the plug hole
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC