Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8

Oil cooler setup?

Sup guys after watching h.nats, ive been thinking off getting more serious about track orientated setups, an one of the first things that sprung into my mind was the oil cooling side...

As anyone whos had a boosted honda would know, oil temps start sky rocketing after short period of bashing it lol

anyways, ive looked at few setups on different cars/motors, so far ive gathered most of em tend to run from:

Block > Sandwhich plate > oil filter

than came across this one:

I much prefer this setup as i can retain my oil sandwhich plate which has the oil feed an sensors on it...

Would having extended lines an all impact on the oil pressures?

And would the spin on adaptor be just as fine vs the conventional sandwhich plates feed/return to the oil cooler?

cheers guys
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    the line will affect the pressure depending on how long the lines are, and also the core it self will effect a drop in pressure depending on how well its been built as some drop more then others.

if you are already running a sandwich plate with sensors the adaptor will work fine, just need to make sure its a good quality one so it wont leak.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    increase the oil pressure from the oil pump, i done block, sandwhich to oil cooler
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    ahh k cheers... as far as setup its not too hard, but oil pressure is the main one, ive read some were i shouldnt be loosing that much anywere from 0 - 5 psi is fine, but any more than should b a worry
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Redline motor oil has been known to keep oil temps noticeably lower over other brands and doesn't tend to burn as much either. Might be worth using that as well. That's what I use in the DC5, never burns any oil anymore and oil temp is always normal. I have an oil cooler too and only have to do one cool down lap at the end of each session

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    I ran that setup in my EG racecar and had no problems.

From the block, 'round to the wheel well where the remote oil filter sat (larger V01) then on to the cooler mounted in front of the radiator, then back 'round to the block.

All with braided hose and Speedflow fittings. Cost about $700 back in 2006.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz_Striker View Post
    Redline motor oil has been known to keep oil temps noticeably lower over other brands and doesn't tend to burn as much either. Might be worth using that as well. That's what I use in the DC5, never burns any oil anymore and oil temp is always normal. I have an oil cooler too and only have to do one cool down lap at the end of each session
    not too keen on switching oils lol but thats something ill keep in mind

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_b16a View Post
    I ran that setup in my EG racecar and had no problems.

From the block, 'round to the wheel well where the remote oil filter sat (larger V01) then on to the cooler mounted in front of the radiator, then back 'round to the block.

All with braided hose and Speedflow fittings. Cost about $700 back in 2006.

Peter
    ahh sweet man thats giving me more confidence to go with this setup

cheers man
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC