Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    better still, why not just aim one of your windshield washer jets over the top of your car. should work good enough at pissing them off.
    Hatchbacks with rear wiper and washer jet...

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Vehicles have perfectly fine towing locations built into the standard car,theres no need to add these anodized ricer junks that these young punks have nowadays

if you need for track purpose then fit them when you arrive to circuit

Member Array
    Car:
    Scooter Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Vehicles have perfectly fine towing locations built into the standard car,theres no need to add these anodized ricer junks that these young punks have nowadays

some guys just can't help it because they're just JDM as f*ck.

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2

do you even know what jdm is. ****

Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    Interesting. I wonder what they say about certain 4wds that have their tow bars out as well
    I believe rear tow hooks are legal, fronts are not. Fronts are required to be detachable eg. on the Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleuse View Post
    do you even know what jdm is. ****
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    ^^^ this sticker is why i mod. with this sticker its poon city.

tow bars and other accesorys like this get engenering approval during R&, plus they serve a legit purpose....but tow hooks have Sh!t Kun7 approval...who is to say which is beter?
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

x2 what this guy said!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    Interesting. I wonder what they say about certain 4wds that have their tow bars out as well
    Its illegal to have a towbar on while not in use. Thats why the part that hangs out are removable. Had this discussion with a cop about my CRV.

Note: my integra has a tow hook, and my CRV has a towbar for the dumb touch parkers. This will never change!

From the NSW RTA Page... "Towbars must not protrude dangerously when there is no trailer connected. "

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registrati...ngtrailers.pdf
    Last edited by JDM DC2R; 24-04-2013 at 12:10 PM.

if the cops cracked down on that they'd have a field day.
    seams like a massive double standard tho. a tow bar tongue (old type bolt on) protrudes just as far if not further than a 'JDmZaZtoEHOokz', but get pulled over with one and you'd most likely get a fine.
    just like people with fiberglass air dams, cops say it can shatter and injure the victim if you were to hit a pedestrian yet... bullbar... i'd rather injure than kill.
    i got told off once for having my back seats folded down and not carrying a load... WTF. they will whinge about anything.

point of story. they'd prob get you for the alloy ones but no reason you can't have the cams approved fabric ones.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    Actually thinking about getting one for my car. My dad has been rear ended in his territory which has a tow bar about 3 times in the last couple years. The results? Nothing wrong with his car, crumpled front end on the tailgaters. Not sure if a tow hook would be as successful though?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Get a bike rack and stick that to the back of your car so there's no way they can avoid hitting it. Some tow hooks sit too low...