2003 Euro - few Q's

Hi guys, just picked up manual a euro luxury as a second car, very impressed with the quality and features! As tempting as it is to throw money at it (hondata, intake/headers) all I will be doing is probably bigger rims, lower and maybe stereo work. (spent way to much on my first car and lesson learnt)

Questions:

The stereo has a cd/aux button which doesnt seem to do much AUX wise, and I cant find the AUX port, does this stereo not have an AUX cord/input as such? need stereo work done?

Is there much difference between an 03 and 06 accord euro?

Do all newer euro rims fit? wouldnt mind some of the new 18's..

Is it hard to change the parkers and fog lights to be a cooler white?, they look so yellow against the HID's

Any must do/cheap mods I should consider?

What is the advertised/actual 0-100km/hr and 1/4 mile times? feels about on par with the pulsar (8.5) before it was turbo'd.

Cheers!
    Last edited by walktexranga; 25-04-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by walktexranga View Post
    Hi guys, just picked up manual a euro luxury as a second car, very impressed with the quality and features! As tempting as it is to throw money at it (hondata, intake/headers) all I will be doing is probably bigger rims, lower and maybe stereo work. (spent way to much on my first car and lesson learnt)
    dedicated Accord Euro forum:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdi...86-Accord-Euro
    Try here :-)

The stereo has a cd/aux button which doesnt seem to do much AUX wise, and I cant find the AUX port, does this stereo not have an AUX cord/input as such? need stereo work done?
    You need to take off the headunit to plug one in, I use an ebay unit.

Is there much difference between an 03 and 06 accord euro?
    Facelift, inside and outside. Fuel consumption display things like that.

Do all newer euro rims fit? wouldnt mind some of the new 18's..
    Yes but the CU2 lux rim looks horrid on the CL9

Is it hard to change the parkers and fog lights to be a cooler white?, they look so yellow against the HID's
    Parkers you can get some cheap LED bulbs off ebay (which im using)

Im sure you can get whiter foglight bulbs too

Any must do/cheap mods I should consider?
    Intake, at least get some sound happening :-)

What is the advertised/actual 0-100km/hr and 1/4 mile times? feels about on par with the pulsar (8.5) before it was turbo'd.
    Accord euro manual is 8.5 to 100kph
    15 sec something 1/4 mile.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    dedicated Accord Euro forum:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdi...86-Accord-Euro
    Try here :-)

You need to take off the headunit to plug one in, I use an ebay unit.

Facelift, inside and outside. Fuel consumption display things like that.

Yes but the CU2 lux rim looks horrid on the CL9

Parkers you can get some cheap LED bulbs off ebay (which im using)

Im sure you can get whiter foglight bulbs too

Intake, at least get some sound happening :-)

Accord euro manual is 8.5 to 100kph
    15 sec something 1/4 mile.

Thanks for the reply. Is there a good intake kit or just wack a pod on and suck up engine heat? Does it make it noisy on highway in 6th?

Any chance you can link me to the led's and head unit you are using?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Thanks for the reply. Is there a good intake kit or just wack a pod on and suck up engine heat? Does it make it noisy on highway in 6th?

Any chance you can link me to the led's and head unit you are using?
    Popular kits are CompTech Icebox (quieter option, a bit more low down torque) or Injen CAI/SRI (more high end power [not so much in SRI form] and more noise for those who like it). Popular AUX unit is Xcarlink, plenty of guides on these forums to show you how to install. You can always go for an aftermarket head unit, but then you'll loose that storage hole under where the existing head is, and you'll need a new fascia.

Yeah i didnt understand the aux function either, until I got this:

http://enfigcarstereo.com/ENFIG_HON03_IPD_AUX.html

Video shows u how to install as well.

Thanks guys that aux kit looks good but if I want to control an ipod/iphone from headunit would this work?

: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=281097435065

I'd probably just go with the enfig one. Its made specifically for our euros, its cheaper, it looks better, its easy to install (theres a video) and you get AUX AND iPod/iPhone inputs in case someone wants to play music off their own device and it isnt an iPod. You can control both from the iPod or music device, the head unit, or the steering wheel.

I've got it in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by axispower View Post
    I'd probably just go with the enfig one. Its made specifically for our euros, its cheaper, it looks better, its easy to install (theres a video) and you get AUX AND iPod/iPhone inputs in case someone wants to play music off their own device and it isnt an iPod. You can control both from the iPod or music device, the head unit, or the steering wheel.

I've got it in mine.
    Yeah I will probly go with that, tho this fancy thing is tempting but probly dodgy... http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Auto-Radi...item3a704c1d76

Yeah i think im weird- i dont trust ebay

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 CL9 Lux
    Any proper CAI (Cold Air Intake) system that places the pod filter away from the engine bay, usually behind the bumper. Injen, K&N and a few others spring to mind. Dont exepect gains, just some nice induction noise. It makes no additional noise while cruising, only during high revving acceleration.
    '04 CL9 6spd Lux | front and rear Hardrace camber arms | Injen CAI | BC Racing Coilovers | DBA slotted rotors |

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 CL9 Lux
    As for changing the parkers to LED's, its quite easy to do. The way I did it was turn the front wheels to one side (full lock) and then you can 'peel back' the plastic covering under the wheel arches. This will allow you to get your hands in there and take the parkers out. Otherwise you'd need to remove front bumper and headlights, this isnt as hard as it sounds. Removing the bumper is very easy. Here is a video on that - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rWtfu1MSbs
    '04 CL9 6spd Lux | front and rear Hardrace camber arms | Injen CAI | BC Racing Coilovers | DBA slotted rotors |