Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 05 Base

Exclamation Freighting a CL9 lip kit from SYD to Darwin NEED ADVICE!

Hey guys i've never done freighting before so I was wondering if any of the experienced members on here could share some insight. I'm trying to freight a full lip kit for CL9 from Sydney to Darwin, just a few questions:

1) The correct approach is to bubble wrap then box it right? Do I stick it all together as one giant parcel or state it as 3-4 seperate boxes
    2) What would be the best company to go about doing this/and is there any insurance?

Thanks guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    Separate parcels for sure.
    Bubboe wrap and box if u can find the right sizes.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Shipped a Prelude BB6 lipkit from Melbourne to Perth. Bubble wrapped all the skirts and lips individually. THen taped all skirts and lips together. then fill with newspaper and foam bits. Made a custom box for it.

$200 insured up to 350 or so with no excess. box dimensions 200x95x25cm. e-go.com.au (Mine was 200 cause I dropped it off at their depot and saved 25%, instead of them picking it up from me, since i'm never home)

Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    try www.interparcel.com.au

E-go is good as well.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    I use pack and send always price is decent
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 05 Base
    Quote Originally Posted by PHO View Post
    Shipped a Prelude BB6 lipkit from Melbourne to Perth. Bubble wrapped all the skirts and lips individually. THen taped all skirts and lips together. then fill with newspaper and foam bits. Made a custom box for it.

$200 insured up to 350 or so with no excess. box dimensions 200x95x25cm. e-go.com.au (Mine was 200 cause I dropped it off at their depot and saved 25%, instead of them picking it up from me, since i'm never home)

ah that looks perfect! Now where could i find cardboard that big lying around? Btw, what do you put it under as a category when you go through quoting?

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    try www.interparcel.com.au

E-go is good as well.
    I'll give them a look tomorrow thanks! How would you usually pack it and send it as?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgu View Post
    I use pack and send always price is decent
    Cheers ill give it a look

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9
    where did you get the kit from if you dont mind me asking.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 05 Base
    Quote Originally Posted by kyfer View Post
    where did you get the kit from if you dont mind me asking.
    Bought it from a guy in my city but it was red so got it professionally painted to black!

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9
    nice work.. im looking at getting one for my CL9.

How much did it cost to paint?

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Carton or flatpack.

That's two boxes put together.

I just stole cardboard from my mate.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic