Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Worth paying an extra $1k for Luxury Navi?

So I'm currently deciding between two 2008 Accord Euro Luxuries. Here is a rough estimation between the two, which would be better?

2008 Luxury (approx. $20k) w/ Bluetooth
    52,000 kms
    Near flawless condition (slight scratch on passenger side mirror, and mark on passenger seat)

2008 Luxury Navi (approx. $21k) GPS and reversing camera
    69,000 kms
    A lot amount of scratches across the whole body of the car, most can be buffered out but a couple are too deep.

Once I decide which one to go for I'm going to go there with a mechanic to go over the more technical details but before I do I'll probably need to choose.

I would use the GPS alot, but am a bit iffy about the reverse camera (feel like I wouldn't need it and the ugly resolution looks pretty gross).

How are the in-built GPS in the Navi? Do they look outdated? Am I better off just keeping up to date by buying seprate GPS' (or even just using my phone).

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    The on board GPS from what I hear isn't the best, and with front and rear sensors I think you would be fine for parking. A lot of people use their phone GPS or buy an aftermarket one which is generally much newer and has better maps/features than the OEM one. Only downside is that it is not integrated into the car sound system etc.

I would get the luxury w/bluetooth and save that 1k and maybe even fix that scratch it has.

If the paint of the other car needs a lot of attention, I wouldn't go for it.

Either way, you'll be happy with your choice cause you can't go past a Euro.
    '97 Teg VTi-R - GONE :'( -> '08 CU2

go for the lux 08 lower kms. better condtion.
    like expresscoffee say - use the 1k fix the scratch or spend it on mods.

ps. u can get the inhouse after market lcd deck housing (dvd. navigation. digital tv. mp3. usb. bluetooth.etc) brand new for 500-600$ (fully compatible/functional to ur steering wheel) some guys are talking about it on this forum.best of luck buddy!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Considering how most smartphones have Google Maps, I wouldn't bother with the Navi. Google Maps is much better than the integrated one anyways. The old gripe with small portable GPS was that they sometimes took ages to connect. With smartphones, they usually take seconds, less if you enable Network Location. GPS gets pretty tiring after a while. I'm not sure about the Honda units, but I had a Toyota one, and everytime I turned on the car, a warning notice would come up (same applies for all factory GPS) to warn not to use while driving blah blah, but you would have to click ok before you could access the other stuff, i.e. To listen to CD, you have to hit OK before being able to play music (not sure if this applies to Honda though).

cheaper one. Lower K's, better condition and you can get a GPS solution and the paint work fixed with the 1k you saved.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Only reason to get the navi is that the dashboard looks a bit more upmarket with the integrated screen. Most people make 99% of trips to places they've been before and won't use the GPS. If you use a GPS, save the $$$ and use a smartphone or stand-alone GPS. Reverse camera is actually handy, my wife has one on her car, but that and GPS not worth $1k to me.

I'd get the cheaper one, especially if the paint has been looked after better.

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Get the cheaper one,obviously its been looked after better.

What colours are they ???

Slightly off-topic but I've got a guy offering me a very very cheap price ($17-19k) for his Euro Luxury, here is a link to his ad:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...d&sort=default

He says there are quite a bit of scratches on the car but the total cost to fix them would be approx. $600. It obviously hasn't been taken care of but I'll know for sure once I see it.

He's bringing it to my work today and I've got a panel beater next door I'm going to bring with me to have a look at it.

What do you guys think? Should I not even worry about it? I'm obviously cautious but between me and my panel beater we should be able to see if it's an absolutely piece of shit or not right?

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 CL9 Lux
    No its not worth paying the extra. If you must have GPS in the car as a unit, then grab yourself an aftermarket deck. You'll have more support for this aftermarket deck and you'll have more flexibility with it (DVD, TV, reverse camera, USB, bluetooth etc).
    '04 CL9 6spd Lux | front and rear Hardrace camber arms | Injen CAI | BC Racing Coilovers | DBA slotted rotors |

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Yeah I don't think they update the maps for the old CL9 navi any more. CL9 navi users stuck with outdated maps?

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 CL9 Lux
    I'm not sure what the support is like for the older units, although you pay an arm and leg for the upgrade cd/dvd from Honda and its a real pain to upgrade. At least thats what I've heard. I've not done it myself
    '04 CL9 6spd Lux | front and rear Hardrace camber arms | Injen CAI | BC Racing Coilovers | DBA slotted rotors |

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu
    yeah, they have trouble selling those map DVDs for $450. Just one of many reasons to disregard factory navigation.