Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on CAI

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04
    Caleb, I wouldn't trust buying an icebox, as I said above I bought mine from heeltoe and received it after a few months (because they had to make it specifically) and it completely didn't fit.. I ended up spending $550 to get the injen because of sending back the icebox and losing $120 worth of freight when I could have spend $360 in the first place and be happy.
    Just my opinion, the icebox looked pretty shonky and as I said the moulding wasn't fantastic..

[6MT]

I contacted K&N for the K&N typhoon and they told me they cant recommend any CAI to me because they cant guarantee it will fit in the hood/dimension differences/tuning differences/etc. of our Accord Euros.

Which is the correct K&N Typhoon CAI that will fit in our CL9s?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Wow, really first bad thing I have heard about the icebox, no seriously, maybe you where just unlucky? If I was going to buy one I would go with the carbon icebox, just build quality would deff be better thats just me tho each to there own.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04
    Quote Originally Posted by CalebEuro View Post
    Wow, really first bad thing I have heard about the icebox, no seriously, maybe you where just unlucky?
    Have you read some of the reviews on HT's website? there were a few bad batches of them apparently, maybe I got an old one or something but it took long enough I assumed they made a new one..

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04
    Quote Originally Posted by axispower View Post
    Which is the correct K&N Typhoon CAI that will fit in our CL9s?
    Try asking for the Acura TSX intake, even thought they are still CL9's... weird they had no answer..
    TADA: http://www.heeltoeauto.com/k-n-perfo...roductid=63607

Quote Originally Posted by Daleyb93 View Post
    Try asking for the Acura TSX intake, even thought they are still CL9's... weird they had no answer..
    TADA: http://www.heeltoeauto.com/k-n-perfo...roductid=63607
    Thanks for that.