Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CL9 or CU2

Those pics of the CU2 and the CL9 at that melbourne meet were fkn mad. And that slammed one with the acura badge was sick.
    Last edited by axispower; 01-05-2013 at 11:46 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Personally, I was so hooked on getting a CL9 because they are a sweet car, especially for P platers.

Had elegant styling, potential to look aggressive and was an all around good car.

Then by chance I took a look at a CU2 and as soon as I sat in it I knew I wanted a CU2 instead.

The interior is vastly superior and the exterior is a lot more modern, but is subject to personal preference. The CU2 looks a lot, tougher but the CL9 has nice clean styling.

I'm happy with my baby;

'97 Teg VTi-R - GONE :'( -> '08 CU2

Member Array
    Car:
    Tamiya
    You can't go wrong either way.
    Agree with many above that CU2 is newer so, interior wise and maybe performance wise in the fuel consumption, CU2 will be better.
    To me, CL9 is type of a lifetime style that it will stay last quite a while. (same like my opinion towards Accords 94-97; dunno the type).
    But CU2 with a proper styling can be a HOTTIE looking car.

Quote Originally Posted by axispower View Post
    most people i know say the CL9 looks better... I have a CL9 but sometimes I feel like I have a small willy when I drive past a CU2, any CU2.
    You need some:

lol
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    You need some:

lol
    fkn oath I need dat.

So I've been looking for a new car recently, and have settled on an Accord Euro.

Problem is, I have an under $20k budget and as much as I like the look of the cu2, a cl9 is so much more within my budget.

Would saving some money and buying a 2007 Accord Euro cl9 9 (with ridiculously low 44kms) be something I'd regret in the future? Would it be worth it to buy a cu2 outside of my budget (which would take me twice as long to pay back) be a better decision?

Opinions?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    If you're smart, you can find cu2 lux's for right on the 20k mark and even slightly under mate
    '97 Teg VTi-R - GONE :'( -> '08 CU2

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by xanctus View Post
    You can't go wrong either way.
    Agree with many above that CU2 is newer so, interior wise and maybe performance wise in the fuel consumption, CU2 will be better.
    To me, CL9 is type of a lifetime style that it will stay last quite a while. (same like my opinion towards Accords 94-97; dunno the type).
    But CU2 with a proper styling can be a HOTTIE looking car.
    I'm on my second 94 Accord
    And to me it has aged very well compared to other cars of the same time
    Imo cl9 > cu2
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu
    You can get a 2007 Lux Navi with ~50,000km for about $14,500. That's almost like a new car for a third of the price.

CU2 is nice but deep down I think I prefer the CL9.

CL9 positives:
    Great looking front and sides, I really like the flush straight no fuss style of the front headlights. Looks better than most modern cards imo.
    Nice quality interior, soft spongy plastics. Better quality than a VW Golf.
    6 speed manual + that engine is brilliant. Who needs a V6?
    Handles very well imo. Havent driven a CU2 though.

CL9 negatives:
    Not a huge fan of the square rear lights, looks too much like those old camry's, needs a few more angles or diagonals or something. Looking at the rear, the Silver paint looks the worst in direct sunlight. Black and gunmetal look ok, White probably looks the best... its a personal thing I guess. Or perhaps I have a hatred for camry's lol
    5sp Auto too slow, should have been a 6 speed auto. Same for CU2
    Suspension is a bit too high. Dump the suspension a bit and it totally transforms the look of the car.

CU2 positives:
    Rear looks better than the CL9's rear. Very nice indeed.
    Looks a bit more modern overall.
    Handling is better (apparently, havent driven one)
    Appears to have lower suspension.
    Beefier engine.
    Updated center console, more features.

CU2 negatives:
    Front and sides look too busy now, prefer the cleaner straight line design of the CL9.
    Interior plastics are cheaper, side door plastics are rock hard now, Honda went backwards a bit, had a flashback of the Jazz interior for a moment when I sat in a CU2. CL9 has nice soft spongy plastics and better looking interior design overall.
    Overall look of the car looks a bit bloated, looks like there is alot of air behind some of those panels. Excessive styling. At least Honda didn't go for that awful style the new Mazda's have now where the front wheel wells slope back like a classic vintage car.
    Heavier than CL9.

So yeah, my ideal Euro would be to cut off the rear of a CL9, pop on the rear of a CU2, give the CL9 the CU2 suspension and engine.
    Such a shame the TSX is discontinued, was looking forward to the 3rd gen Euro... My CL9 has high KM's so now considering an Audi or VW as a replacement.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by euro24L View Post
    CU2 is nice but deep down I think I prefer the CL9.

CL9 positives:
    Great looking front and sides, I really like the flush straight no fuss style of the front headlights. Looks better than most modern cards imo.
    Nice quality interior, soft spongy plastics. Better quality than a VW Golf.
    6 speed manual + that engine is brilliant. Who needs a V6?
    Handles very well imo. Havent driven a CU2 though.

CL9 negatives:
    Not a huge fan of the square rear lights, looks too much like those old camry's, needs a few more angles or diagonals or something. Looking at the rear, the Silver paint looks the worst in direct sunlight. Black and gunmetal look ok, White probably looks the best... its a personal thing I guess. Or perhaps I have a hatred for camry's lol
    5sp Auto too slow, should have been a 6 speed auto. Same for CU2
    Suspension is a bit too high. Dump the suspension a bit and it totally transforms the look of the car.

CU2 positives:
    Rear looks better than the CL9's rear. Very nice indeed.
    Looks a bit more modern overall.
    Handling is better (apparently, havent driven one)
    Appears to have lower suspension.
    Beefier engine.
    Updated center console, more features.

CU2 negatives:
    Front and sides look too busy now, prefer the cleaner straight line design of the CL9.
    Interior plastics are cheaper, side door plastics are rock hard now, Honda went backwards a bit, had a flashback of the Jazz interior for a moment when I sat in a CU2. CL9 has nice soft spongy plastics and better looking interior design overall.
    Overall look of the car looks a bit bloated, looks like there is alot of air behind some of those panels. Excessive styling. At least Honda didn't go for that awful style the new Mazda's have now where the front wheel wells slope back like a classic vintage car.
    Heavier than CL9.

So yeah, my ideal Euro would be to cut off the rear of a CL9, pop on the rear of a CU2, give the CL9 the CU2 suspension and engine.
    Such a shame the TSX is discontinued, was looking forward to the 3rd gen Euro... My CL9 has high KM's so now considering an Audi or VW as a replacement.
    cu2 does not have a beefier engine
    It's still virtually the same K24 with only few kws of power over the cl9
    But the cu2 has gained over 150kgs over the cl9
    So the engine upgrade is moot
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    euro24l the TSX has been replaced by the TLX for America,Canada,and Mexico.

The problem is that it is only being build in USA,and only in left hand drive,thats why we will not be getting it.

Rather get a Mazda or Toyota as a replacement,a VW or Audi will never be as reliable as your Euro.