Thread: EK Spring Rate

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Civic GLi

EK Spring Rate

Hey Ozhonda, i'm curious but is there a perfect (or near perfect) spring rate for a EK? Currently running GAB SS Coilovers.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    That's a ridiculous question. All spring rates will be a compromise, there is no perfect rate that will suit all. It is all dependent on your use and preferences.

For example if I had an EK I'd probably start somewhere around 20/18 and tune from there, but I suspect my goals would be different to yours.

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    Perfect for what? Street, comfort, track, both, etc...? Then it comes also down to personal preference and what you like, what can deal with daily, track only car, and your other mods, etc...

So no is the answer based on the details you have given, but tell us more and we would probably give you an idea, but not a perfect number.

Also quality of shock makes a difference too...
    Check out my ED Civic progress here: http://edcivicracecar.blogspot.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by ekslut View Post
    Perfect for what? Street, comfort, track, both, etc...? Then it comes also down to personal preference and what you like, what can deal with daily, track only car, and your other mods, etc...

So no is the answer based on the details you have given, but tell us more and we would probably give you an idea, but not a perfect number.

Also quality of shock makes a difference too...
    hows the kw?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    hows the kw?
    They are great, good quality shock and feel great. Although for me and my ED track car I think I need to step it up a bit and go stiffer. My opinion it would be a great street / track coilovers, but in my track only car it's not quite enough, especially since I'm about to create a splitter / diffuser setup. But having said that its given me a lot more feedback and confidence in my car which has seen me drop a lot of time off my track times.

I was actually tossing up getting another set of KW's for my street EK9 but at the last minute I decided to try some AMR Engineering coilovers built to however you want them. After talking to Andy from AMR (he actually calls you from the US to discuss what you want), he suggested a rate of 10/8, but I decided on 8/6 due to already having a track only car and driving pretty easy on the street. He assured me due to the quality of the shock 10/8 would be very comfortable, and I believe him, but I just don't need it and would prefer the comfort.

Just installed them today and charging up my battery tonight, so can give my opinion on them tomorrow. If they are good, then I might sell of the KW's and get some made up for the track car.
    Check out my ED Civic progress here: http://edcivicracecar.blogspot.com.au/