Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    Curtis the NSW highway patrol cars run E85 (yes they enjoy additional kw's and Nm, up from the 317kw's) as can all the cop cars in NSW, they can tip 98 if they choose. Who told you they were speed limited ????

BP for me !, 730km outta 45L on the highway, recently smashed that record after boosting on a trip down the hume got over 750km. the R18a is one fuel efficient bitch if driven well.
    lolm8.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Curtis the NSW highway patrol cars run E85 (yes they enjoy additional kw's and Nm, up from the 317kw's) as can all the cop cars in NSW, they can tip 98 if they choose. Who told you they were speed limited ????

BP for me !, 730km outta 45L on the highway, recently smashed that record after boosting on a trip down the hume got over 750km. the R18a is one fuel efficient bitch if driven well.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Lol Curtis265 was quoting the movie Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift.
    As if you dont remember the main parts of that movie...

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Ahhh I guess I need to download it !

my bro does HP duties in the fastest state and I know 180's is his cruising speed !!

Ahhh I guess I need to download it !

my bro does HP duties in the fastest state and I know 180's is his cruising speed !!
    Woow nice!
    I wouldnt mind being HighWay Patrol good job

Quote Originally Posted by fsjk85 View Post
    Don't BP in melb throw in their own additives and chemicals to whatever shell supplies?
    I found that 95 octane gave me the best bang for buck, 98 usually has some anti-knock additives which don't really help 4 cylinder engines afaik.
    It's helpful if you're running 11.0:1 or higher with a ECU that's tuned for usually 100/102RON
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Hey OP,

There was a very good thread on this few months back with alot of information, please use search Button next time.

But ill sum it up for you. Winter is kinda correct in his statement. That there are Certain refinerys which varry state by state. Eg, in QLD BP is the refiner so all the fuels will pass through BP Refinery where they add the additives as required by shell/mobil/Caltex and what not.

But thats not the main issue thats going to determin how good the fuel is when you get it. Cos these companies are very good and strict in what they do.

There are many factors that effect how good is the fuel that you pour into your tank.

How long the fuel as been sitting in the tanks at the petrol station as 98 fuel is highly evaporative this is a major factor "freshness of the fuel"

How old the servo is = more rust in tanks and what not from over the years of operating.

Buying from a well established brand over them lone wolfers

And ofcourse the condition of your car.

Fuel filters are normally over looked in servicing this also plays a big role on the quality of the fuel that gets injected in your motor.

Using additives like ocatane boosters or what not (im against these as i dont see whats the point when you can special order 102RON fuels from alot of outlets)

I guess you may see the picture. My personal Choice is Vpower, in my em1 gets me 350km if i fang the tank away. 550kmish as soon as the light turns on when driven civilised. If no shell in my current location then BP is my next choice as I'm so what a fan of engineering and they have the most advanced refiners in the world .

My lil brother is currently on Caltex 98 and his seeing very similar KM's on his ej6.

Yes i wrote a bibble i hope this helps you decide where to get fuel from. All the 98 is very similar (has they are all 98 octane change chemically) Just alot of variations that come into play. So dont relay on the forums people saying this is good and what not. As you may realise now the Shell down the road from yours might have fuel thats approx a week old compared to the BP who just got refilled and what not.

http://roadrider.com.au/gear-reviews/the-fuel-truth
    Heres a good write up OP.
    Last edited by amant02; 03-05-2013 at 12:55 AM. Reason: got linkage

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    I get the best from 95ron fuel. Being my car is made for good fuel consumption.

Got just under 700ks out of a tank. City driving.
    wake up and take some sleeping tablets.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by threesix View Post
    I get the best from 95ron fuel. Being my car is made for good fuel consumption.

Got just under 700ks out of a tank. City driving.
    craym8

dunno if srs

pics pls
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Hey OP,

There was a very good thread on this few months back with alot of information, please use search Button next time.

But ill sum it up for you. Winter is kinda correct in his statement. That there are Certain refinerys which varry state by state. Eg, in QLD BP is the refiner so all the fuels will pass through BP Refinery where they add the additives as required by shell/mobil/Caltex and what not.

But thats not the main issue thats going to determin how good the fuel is when you get it. Cos these companies are very good and strict in what they do.

There are many factors that effect how good is the fuel that you pour into your tank.

How long the fuel as been sitting in the tanks at the petrol station as 98 fuel is highly evaporative this is a major factor "freshness of the fuel"

How old the servo is = more rust in tanks and what not from over the years of operating.

Buying from a well established brand over them lone wolfers

And ofcourse the condition of your car.

Fuel filters are normally over looked in servicing this also plays a big role on the quality of the fuel that gets injected in your motor.

Using additives like ocatane boosters or what not (im against these as i dont see whats the point when you can special order 102RON fuels from alot of outlets)

I guess you may see the picture. My personal Choice is Vpower, in my em1 gets me 350km if i fang the tank away. 550kmish as soon as the light turns on when driven civilised. If no shell in my current location then BP is my next choice as I'm so what a fan of engineering and they have the most advanced refiners in the world .

My lil brother is currently on Caltex 98 and his seeing very similar KM's on his ej6.

Yes i wrote a bibble i hope this helps you decide where to get fuel from. All the 98 is very similar (has they are all 98 octane change chemically) Just alot of variations that come into play. So dont relay on the forums people saying this is good and what not. As you may realise now the Shell down the road from yours might have fuel thats approx a week old compared to the BP who just got refilled and what not.

http://roadrider.com.au/gear-reviews/the-fuel-truth
    Heres a good write up OP.
    thanks yo! +repped

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    craym8

dunno if srs

pics pls
    He drives a hybrid ^^

stance > fenders

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyFD View Post
    He drives a hybrid ^^
    Hahaha

Anyone tried United's Petrol I hear they have 100 Premium petrol
    98 and 100 isnt a big difference though right?