Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04

[CL9] Shifting to 2nd/Engine Mounts/Clutch PROBLEMS

Hi all!
    So within the last month this is what's started happening to my car:
    - Frequent notching into first from stand-still with engine running.

-CONSTANT (and i mean every damn single gear change) notching into second, be it first to second or third to second. The shifter feels like it needs wrenching into gear, slowing the shift down to a 2 second action does help but it's still pathetic.

-While in neutral with clutch in or out and engine OFF the gearbox is smooth as a baby's bottom

-Just had my 170,XXX km and requested MTF change, problem still persists

Things to note, when stuffing around with airbox modifications I noticed what seems to be a broken engine mount. I mentioned the mount to Honda at the service and they didn't even note down to check it.... A little annoyed at that.
    So, that said, tonight I ripped out the airbox and had a close look at the mount, Pictures to follow.

I have spent most of today checking OzHonda and my service manual download as to what may be the problem, I decided to check the little clutch fluid thingo near the firewall and I actually couldn't even see if there was liquid in it. Is it usually hard to tell? I shone a light through it and still had no indication if there was fluid. Pics to follow as well.

Any and ALL help welcome, this is really starting to SH!T me because the honda service man said it all "felt normal", as in that's their BS excuse for not having to have a look....
    Thanks,
    Dale.

take the cap off the clutch MS reservoir and check where the oil is. It looks to me to be over max level but as you say hard to tell. Easiest way is to look inside.

If it's only second gear, most likely there is a problem with the linkage or gear inside the gear box. Either way not cheap. Look for a second hand low km gearbox and change it out.
    Paul // 05 Euro Luxury // Perth // My other car's an S15

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiblet View Post
    take the cap off the clutch MS reservoir and check where the oil is.
    Forgot to mention that I did take the cap off but there is another little cap thing underneath, wasn't sure if it's ok to pull that off, any hints?

Thanks

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Daleyb93 View Post
    Forgot to mention that I did take the cap off but there is another little cap thing underneath, wasn't sure if it's ok to pull that off, any hints?

Thanks
    Just pull the black cap underneath off. Don't let it drip onto your paint.

Is the engine mount broken? Can't tell from the photos but it does contribute to difficulty getting into gear.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by Daleyb93 View Post

Thanks
    hydraulics would a suspect if you can shift smoothly while engine off
    that little cap inside supposed to float in fluid, if you cant see any fluid or cap isnt floating in fluid
    you should fill it up and try bleed the clutch.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04
    Ok, I did open the clutch fluid and check under the cap, yep it's all full. I guess a mistake on my part and my friends, I expected to see a darker liquid inside it..

Aaron, the second pic down, looks pretty broken to me. I assume that rubber grommet is the engine mount and I assume it shouldn't have a gaping hole in it :x

I just noticed recently my clutch has started to make a weird screeching noise, it only happened when I was riding it a fair while whilst trying to go up a steep carpark ramp.

Honda rang me and i told them about the service: how I wasn't happy. Hopefully the superior manager dude will call me soon.