Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Yeah, please do report. I've heard a lot of good things about the ride on Blistens although that's in comparison to stock shocks with lowered springs (i.e. shocks not working as they should). I was looking at Tein Comfort Sport shocks, as their the only coilovers out there with a more comfy ride than even stock (OEM settings is pretty firm as it is, especially on 18's) but they're too expensive for me.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/heelto...d-you-get.html

have a read of that buddy, some of the coilovers give you the same comfort as stock if not smother and better than stock!
    Either way best of luck and keep us posted!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    How much for a set of Koni yellow or bilstein shocks if ur looking to buy locally?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I'm not sure if I should lower the car first or get 18's on them first then lower...
    The wheels I'm likely to get are 18x8 225/40/18
    If I lower it first I will put the rear perch on lowest and front on second lowest most likely to eliminate wheel gap...
    Then when I put the wheels on will it still fit?
    Just wondering at what height is everyone running on their konis ?

Ill be using tanabe NF210 springs, which are supposed to drop the front a little more that the back to adjust the slightly larger gap at the front.

Im thinking of putting both the rear perch and front on second setting, just to get another 10mm drop or there abouts.
    Would this be a good setting to have? What is everyones konis height set to?

Thanks

Height is subjective, generally you want to make sure you're not too low so the roll centre is off and you need to ensure the shocks have sufficient stroke to deal with undulations.

Apart from that, its more your damper settings than height you should be concerned about =)
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by daKIK View Post
    Just wondering at what height is everyone running on their konis ?

Ill be using tanabe NF210 springs, which are supposed to drop the front a little more that the back to adjust the slightly larger gap at the front.

Im thinking of putting both the rear perch and front on second setting, just to get another 10mm drop or there abouts.
    Would this be a good setting to have? What is everyones konis height set to?

Thanks
    Well a lot of people with Eibach springs have positive rake, so I'll probably be putting the front in the middle perch and the rear on the bottom perch, with the softest setting set.

I spoke to a member here who has the same settings and has no problems whatsoever.

Still waiting for mine to arrive

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Height is subjective, generally you want to make sure you're not too low so the roll centre is off and you need to ensure the shocks have sufficient stroke to deal with undulations.

Apart from that, its more your damper settings than height you should be concerned about =)
    That sounds like jibberish to me, can u dumb it down for me?

Yeh that was my next question, a little firmer than stock seems to be popular among many people, I want a comfortable ride for everyday driving
    Last edited by daKIK; 16-05-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Well a lot of people with Eibach springs have positive rake, so I'll probably be putting the front in the middle perch and the rear on the bottom perch, with the softest setting set.

I spoke to a member here who has the same settings and has no problems whatsoever.

Still waiting for mine to arrive
    Thanks for the feedback! I thought the front had only 2 perches and the back has 3? Or am I mistaken?
    Hopefully I can pick mine up tmrw from my supplier, and getting them fitted on the weekend.. Will report back

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro
    Then put it on the softest setting, it's a little firmer than stock but you still get some ride comfort.

The softest setting is recommended by Koni as well apparently.

edit; oh yeah it does I'm pretty sure (2 perches), I meant the bottom for both then lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    Already have, I think he said $1900 bud
    Might just get it installed there. Is there someone on this forum who does installation?

But if Koni yellows aren't really bad I might just order those
    you sure about that price mate??

that doesnt sound right

koni king combo shouldnt be that much from them
    peteju captures, like us on facebook..

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro
    That was for Eibach and Blistein (or Koni) combo supply and fit, not kings.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by lilthug View Post
    you sure about that price mate??

that doesnt sound right

koni king combo shouldnt be that much from them
    doesnt sound right at all, maybe it was some other shop
    edit oh bilstein. damn good sussy

S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre