Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>Crx Delsol

No power to CD player

Hey guys my CD player has no power to it (12v wire can not be found). I've used a test light to find the 12v wire but seems like there is no power going to it. An I able to wire up te power from the CD player to the hazard light and replace the fuse with slightly higher amperage?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    and run the risk of destroying the wiring for the indicators? im not sure how much power has to be run for a CD player, but in my car the size is noticeably larger then that of the indicator wires.

you should have one 12V constant (for memory) and another that only comes on at AC (II) on the key barrel (for switching)

count all the wires should be 8 for speakers + 1 Ground + 2 of the above mentioned power + 1 Power antenna (if you have one) + 1 Illumination (for lights) = 11 or 12.

determine which your missing by elimination.

if you cant find the memory or the Switching and have more then the 8 speaker wires that seem to not respond then its most likely a Blown fuse hence why u cant pick it up on the test light.

So check your fuses too.

if the wire is plain missing find which one it is and which fuse it should be connected to and grab some appropriate guage wire and connect it up properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Fuse?

Remember there are 2 fuses for the radio.

One in the engine bay and other inside.

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    check fuse.

1) Under dash or engine bay for the radio
    2) Check fuse on the back of the head unit
    3) Check + RED wire on the Head unit wiring loom (if this has a seperate in-line fuse)

check your Head unit (black) grounding as well.
    RB1-ODC