Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Integra Type R Sideskirts HELP?

What up guys,

I recently bought an ITR DC2 which i am loving right now!
    But i went to canberra on the weekend with a mate who was buying a shell, and the seller had a clean Dc2r which sideskirts that were very straight!

Hes car had 60,000kms and car looked brand new says he was the 2nd owner in Aus, everything stock but i couldnt help to see that hes sideskirts looked different to mine.

My sideskirts have a slight Curve in the middle? Were he's were dead straight.

Even though i hav seen a few type Rs with similar skirts to mine I was wondering, are my sideskirts fake? is that why they have a curve?

I have attached photos so you can see. Thanks guys

your sideskirts are optional OEM Honda sideskirts from the factory. worth a mint, same as the rear pods

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2/180sx
    DC2 OEM OPTIONAL Side Skirts, worth alot of money.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Yeah looks like your sideskirts and pods are replicas. Heres how to you can tell, see the difference behind the fin part of the sideskirts that attaches to the body? The backing part doesnt go all the way up on the genuine set. Hope that makes sense lol

Replica:

Genuine:

Hmm ok so right now its 50/50 with the decision. I researched a bit about that fin on the end, and it looks as if OEM Factory hondas sometimes have it? My year model is 2001, does that make a difference?

how can you see those parts from those angles in his pics, unless im looking at the wrong thing (the part that wraps around the wheel arch)

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    ^yup that part sorry it was the first pic i saw on google LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    2014 NSX
    does it have rivet holes on the top of the skirts when you open the door ?

the curve doesn't look oem...

Thanks Guys for your help! I was at a car meet on the weekend and someone notified me that they are OEM Factory,.. but i will check to see if they have rivet holes once i get home.

Thanks for your help guys appreciate it

I've been looking for optional DC2R side skirts for a while, and looking from the photos it appears that your side skirts may be replicas. The part at the end of your skirts don't sit flush as the OEM ITR ones.

Where the skirts sit flush on the body ideally means there the OEM item. I've seen replica skirts fit on a DC2, and can tell you that your skirts fit far better than their's. Also I refer to DTN's reference picture, and the curve in the middle appears to be more distinctive then the OEM ones, which have a slight curve towards the end of the skirt.

Hope that clarifies your situation.

Member Array
    Car:
    ventura zone 1 & 2
    how much do they go for? i got an oem optional skirt for 500 bucks 2 weeks ago

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Harris View Post
    how much do they go for? i got an oem optional skirt for 500 bucks 2 weeks ago
    genuine about $400-500, replicas about $150-$200