Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH

What part of the Disurbutor is the Top Dead End Centre Sensor in an EK1?

What part of the Disturbutor is the Top Dead End Centre Sensor in an EK1?

My workshop manual doesnt mention what it looks like and on the engine scanner it says theres a fault in Top Dead End Centre Sensor Number 1...

Any ideas lads?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    not 100% but on early models once you had cleared the coil and ignighter it sat deep in the housing on the botom left...

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    EK1 only has 1 sensor in the distributor ,its used to determine the crank shaft position and TDC. its an optical sensor

location B4 on the ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    damn it I aint the best with electricals :/ but I give it a try and see if I can find out what you guys are talking about

Did you get this fault after doing something in particular?
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    yes, i changed over the dizzy from my spare engine, but it didint happened staight away, maybe next 100kms it went on. I could also be the O2 sensor cause I dont feel anything different but I dont know I have to scan it when I get my hands on one next. When it comes on, I stop the car, turn it off and on again aaannnnndddddd its gone. Doesnt come back for the rest of the night. At the moment I havent seen it for a week so its fixed! lol jokes just waiting till my boss lets me use the scanner since apprently 'I dont know how to use one cause I am an 1st year apprentice' :/