Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Need help please, honda integra 2005 type s

Hey, I just got my x force headers installed by budget mufflers. Since it has been installed, i think the extractors lifted up the rest of my exhaust pipe line closer to the body of the car and when i drop the clutch quickly, the pipe line before the exhaust tip hits the body of my car and makes a knocking noise. What can i do to stop the knocking ? Please help

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Do you still have stock engine mounts? What front sway bar do you have?

Member Array
    Car:
    ek.k24a
    also what exhaust rubbers are u running
    d16y4>>k24a3 for the win !!!!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Take it back to the shop and ask them to correct the exhaust clearance

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Had this happen to me awhile ago with my very very very gold dc4. Had to change the muffler cause the car had a ricer quad exhaust. Changed it to just the one to look stock and such, but when it was installed every time i would rev the exhaust would hit the body. I told the mechanic, and what did he do? Got cable ties to make it better LOL
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Would also suggest taking it back to the exhaust shop to see if they can fix it but the dc5 chassis is known to have these issues when you put an aftermarket header on the car with stock engine mounts, not just xforce but many aftermarket brands occasionally have the same problem. Hard race motor mounts are a good option to rectify this as they are still quite comfortable for street use but will get rid of a lot of the flex in the motor under acceleration, gives you a better transition of power to the wheels as a bonus too! I have them in my type s and they are great!

Thanks guys, I took it back and the lowered my exhaust a tad, and that fixed the issue. I had a short ram intake put in aswell with a K&N pod filter, would it make a big difference if i made it cold air intake instead ?

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by dangskiies View Post
    Thanks guys, I took it back and the lowered my exhaust a tad, and that fixed the issue. I had a short ram intake put in aswell with a K&N pod filter, would it make a big difference if i made it cold air intake instead ?
    That's good you got it fixed. Make a big difference to what?

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz_Striker View Post
    That's good you got it fixed. Make a big difference to what?
    In performance. Theres a thread somewhere here comparing short ram intake and cold air intake. Search it up.
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    You won't notice a massive difference but I'd rather run a CAI than a SRI anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Heak soak be your enemey

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by eLtrix View Post
    Heak soak be your enemey
    heak soak is also my worst enemey
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre