Haltech platinum pro

Posted this on crsx but if anyone can chime in, it's welcome.

Hey all!

Some questions for you all...

I'm considering running a Haltech Platinum Pro on my 04 facelift type s. (Our AUDM DC5S is the same as the USDM 05-06 Type S - both run the K20z motor)

Let's say I blow my motor... will I be able to run the Haltech if I chose to drop in a K24 or a K20/24 Frank with the K20Z harness?

To my understanding, the honda wideband is not supported, though it can operate as a narrowband... is it recommended that I get an aftermarket wideband?

What sort of inputs and outputs are available for the haltech? Can I hook up any guages or a computer display to monitor the motor?

How does haltech handle an all out build? Built bottom and top end, boost/supercharger etc?

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    If you're referring to the Haltech Platinum Pro Plug-In for EP3/DC5, I believe it does NOT come with the software for launch control. However the Haltech PS1000 & PS2000 do come with Launch Control function but they've heavily loaded with so many other functions unsure if you want to go there.
    All the info you need is there...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

I've read the PDF... doesn't answer my motor swap questions sadly.
    Nor those about capabilities when a build gets serious

I'm unsure if you will encounter issues with the Plug-In model as it might be setup different to the PS1000/2000 which are universal hence you won't have issues if you run a franky engine as long as the sensors etc are recognised by the ECU. You'll have to contact Haltech directly for that answer.

As for the build gets serious, Haltech you're looking at and the ones I mentioned are powerful standalone ECU with high resolution and advance features, you won't have an issue with 'serious' builds. If they can handle a 4cyl ITB revving to 11,000RPM, they can handle what you're throwing at it =P
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Hmmmm... might have to call haltech! Thanks for the assistance mate. Interested in what everyone has to say!

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    You will find that as you get more serious with track work and data logging, the haltech will come into its own with the amount of extra sensor inputs it will take, along with the digital cluster they have available as well.

In regards to k24 or k frank, provided you use the k20z engine harness and gearbox, you will be fine with the haltech
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    You will find that as you get more serious with track work and data logging, the haltech will come into its own with the amount of extra sensor inputs it will take, along with the digital cluster they have available as well.

In regards to k24 or k frank, provided you use the k20z engine harness and gearbox, you will be fine with the haltech
    Might give you a ring tonight to discuss options if that's cool Josh?

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    No stress champ
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8