Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up HID Kit or Osram NightBreakers

Hello guys, i have a stock standard 2003 Accord Euro and the lights just aren't cutting it anymore. Which is the better option for me? Should i get a HID Conversion Kit? or just get Halogen bulbs like Osram NB or Phillips Xtreme Vision? Thanks!

I am thinking of getting foglights installed as well. Will those eBay ones cut it? Thanks!
    Last edited by nsfx84; 12-05-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    HID lights are illegal unless they're from the factory, but chances are you won't get done for it unless your headlights are blinding other road users or you're being pulled for something else (Australian Design Rules dictates that you need auto-leveling and headlight washers with HIDs). However, HID will always look and perform better than Halogen. You can tell the difference between HID and Halogen by the sharp cut-off line that the HID headlights have as opposed to a halogen's fade.

I've got factory HID's on my 2006 Euro Luxury and they're great, I love them. I've also ordered Namyung Lighting Eagleye 4300k Bulbs for my fog lights but they haven't arrived yet. I'll let you know how the whiter halogens are once i've installed those. Aside from that, I don't know about getting foglights on eBay, I'd recommend you get them from a wrecker.

I only got my Euro about a month ago, so I'm definitely not the most knowledgeable but I'm sure others will help you out too.
    Last edited by iRoik; 12-05-2013 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    HID will give a noticable upgrade. It is illegal, but I don't think many have been pulled over for it. The only thing is if you're looking for the blue/purple look, just forget it. While you will get it, you can't see anything in the rain and the whole road lights up blue/purple which doens't help you as you're looking for an upgrade. If you're going for the standard 4300k, then go for the brighter Halogen bulbs, they are noticeably brighter, although still no where near HID.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    ChaosMaster is right, just go for the Standard 4300k colour whether you choose HID or Halogen. They're without question, the best in terms of visibility.

I've just bought these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/H9-Globes...-/251173003373
    and I plan on following yfin's guide to get more lumens out of my foglights. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-H9-conversion

They're 4300k Halogens and supposedly good, but it was hard to find a review on them besides on an American Prius form (lol) - although I'm told clear bulbs are better than blue coated bulbs. I'll let you know how they are after I install them on probably Wednesday.

And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't be "that guy" who doesn't align his headlights properly and blinds every other road user.

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 CL9 Lux
    I've got factory HIDs on my CL9, I cant live without them. Its well worth doing the HID kit.

As for fog lights, I've done mine using a cheaper eBay kit and it was a great move. It now matches the colour of the HID headlights. Looks great. I dont use my fog lights as much as others, but for those foggy mornings, its very cool. I also like symmetry so, I had to get HID fogs and upgrade my main HIDs to the 6000k

Oh yeah - stick with 4300k or 6000k max. Anything above 6000k looks cheap in my opinion (like a dodgy aftermarket job)
    '04 CL9 6spd Lux | front and rear Hardrace camber arms | Injen CAI | BC Racing Coilovers | DBA slotted rotors |

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Aside from the legality of no washers/levelers, note that the headlight projectors for the Lux HIDs are different to the standard car. Cheap HID kits that retrofit a ballast and HID bulb in halogen projectors won't give you as uniform a beam as proper HID projectors. HIDs in halogen projectors will dazzle oncoming drivers, please don't do it.

Instead look into better halogens, eg the Philips Xtreme visions. It won't be as good as HID but will be an improvement.

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    I'm in the same position atm and looking to change both headlights and foggies.. Leaning towards white halogen lights rather than the cheap hid kits just for ease of iinstallation and legality issues..
    Looking at the mtec super white halogens, what's everyone thoughts on them? Compared to osram or Phillips ones?
    Op wat u end up going with?

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Just get the philips crystal vision... HIDs look terrible in halogen reflectors.

Hid will look fine in halogen projector, will not be as good as hid ones but will be better than you average civic driver with hid and reflectors.
    After hid any halogens will be like crap, if you do decide against hid get some Philips globes.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Ok so everyone seems to think that the Philips > mtec?
    Mite get the Phillips diamond vision in this case.. Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 CL9 Lux
    MTEC are overpriced. Stick with Philips
    '04 CL9 6spd Lux | front and rear Hardrace camber arms | Injen CAI | BC Racing Coilovers | DBA slotted rotors |

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by dirlok View Post
    MTEC are overpriced. Stick with Philips
    hmm I can pick up the MTEC’s cheaper than the Phillips ones, MTEC are around $35 a pair on ebay, from a Aussie seller too, Phillips are a bit more!
    I’m more worried about quality though, if Phillips globes are better, I’m happy to spend a bit more and get them.. Also the Phillips diamond globes are 5000k which is more of the look im after compared to MTECs 4350k, I want them as white as possible compared to my yellow stock lights.