Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9

Buying shocks locally for Euro CL9

Hi all, was hoping to get some quick feedback, Iv tried searching the forum but cant seem to find any recent threads on this

I’m looking to buy a set of koni shocks locally (or bilsteins if the price is right), since I don’t have the time to wait for shipping, my car is at the smash repairers and can’t afford to have it sitting there for much longer.
    What is a reasonable price to be paying for Koni’s from a local supplier? I remember last time I was at Wholesale Suspension for a wheel alignment I was quoted aroud $700 for a full set of konis (if im not mistaken), but after a quick call to them on Saturday I was told it would cost around $1000, but the person on the phone was a little unsure as I understand that they were closing at the time. My local smash repair supplier also quoted me around $1k for konis and $1200 for Bilsteins ..
    Can you guys recommend any other suppliers? Is this a reasonable price for these shocks? (I think it’s a bit pricy)

Hope I can get some quick feedback, Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    1k u can go for tein ss coilovers or BC n+
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgu View Post
    1k u can go for tein ss coilovers or BC n+
    Managed to get the konis for $600, already have tanabe springs, so works out much cheaper than coilovers.
    Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    where on earth can you get tein ss for 1k?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    Quote Originally Posted by daKIK View Post
    Hi all, was hoping to get some quick feedback, Iv tried searching the forum but cant seem to find any recent threads on this

I’m looking to buy a set of koni shocks locally (or bilsteins if the price is right), since I don’t have the time to wait for shipping, my car is at the smash repairers and can’t afford to have it sitting there for much longer.
    What is a reasonable price to be paying for Koni’s from a local supplier? I remember last time I was at Wholesale Suspension for a wheel alignment I was quoted aroud $700 for a full set of konis (if im not mistaken), but after a quick call to them on Saturday I was told it would cost around $1000, but the person on the phone was a little unsure as I understand that they were closing at the time. My local smash repair supplier also quoted me around $1k for konis and $1200 for Bilsteins ..
    Can you guys recommend any other suppliers? Is this a reasonable price for these shocks? (I think it’s a bit pricy)

Hope I can get some quick feedback, Thanks
    umm.. wholesale suspension doesnt open on weekends
    peteju captures, like us on facebook..

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by lilthug View Post
    umm.. wholesale suspension doesnt open on weekends
    Yeh they do till 12 I think, I got a wheel alignment done there last year on a Saturday

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    eBay...us... 1k plus shipping of course

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TEIN-SS-S...fb05c54&_uhb=1
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Managed to get the konis for $600, already have tanabe springs, so works out much cheaper than coilovers.
    Cheers
    Nice.You'll be happy with this setup.Cheaper and heaps better than coilovers.Coilovers for the Euro are overrated.If you track a car then coilovers are good.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Nice.You'll be happy with this setup.Cheaper and heaps better than coilovers.Coilovers for the Euro are overrated.If you track a car then coilovers are good.
    thanks tony1234!
    Are u running konis too? I was hoping to get a bit more of a drop at the back, currently its on the 2nd perch at the back, but the car is sitting much higher than it was on stock shocks (same springs have been used). Any idea why that is?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    thanks tony1234!
    Are u running konis too? I was hoping to get a bit more of a drop at the back, currently its on the 2nd perch at the back, but the car is sitting much higher than it was on stock shocks (same springs have been used). Any idea why that is?
    No i'm running Eibach springs with Bilstein shocks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    What's the shock's ratings for the Koni's and Bilstein? Wondering which one is softer.

Which Koni's and which Bilstein's?

Cause I think Koni has Orange [STR.T] & Yellow [Sport]?

Bilstein has B4 [OEM] & B6 [Sport]?
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 28-05-2013 at 11:09 PM.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter