Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto

Hondata + wideband

Just wondering if purchasing a wideband is absolutely necessary with a S300? Or am I able to just run the stock O2 sensor?

Cheers
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Should work with a stock o2 sensor. Isnt a wideband just to monitor AFRs?
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    nope runs fine on a stock o2 however the wideband puts an exact number on the AFR which is excellent when tuning, much more accurate then the tail pipe sniffers

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    tail pipe sniffers are widebands

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    they are but there position at the end of the exhaust isnt ideal for tuning. the few tuners i hve spoken to agree that a wideband o2 is better when its much closer to the engine (pre-cat, near the stoc o2 )

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    so very ture

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Be careful when choosing / purchasing a wide-band - specifically in regards to what O2 sensor the package uses. Different sensor types have different life cycles, accuracy's and possible common problems etc

Most mainstream cheaper Wide-band packages utilise the Bosch Lsu 4.2 series sensor which can be prone to having their accuracy compromised (value drift). This is usually from the O2 sensors being poisoned from high heat and no maintenance (they can be proven to last with regular alcohol cleaning and zeroing to atmosphere).

More to the point, when selecting a wide-band - do research on the sensor type and and common problems that the sensor maybe prone to. Im pretty sure the Bosch Lsu 4.9 is quite a good reliable sensor (not prone to heat decay or zero shift)
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    I was thinking of purchasing the AEM 30-4100 UEGO wideband, ill do some research about it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AEM-30-41...1bd69a6&_uhb=1

or what about just using the wideband for tuning only then replace it with a stock unit?
    Last edited by grifty; 19-05-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    from what i have seen these units.are good value for money and i love the interface plus install is a breeze. verry goos bit of kit imho

Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    I was thinking of purchasing the AEM 30-4100 UEGO wideband, ill do some research about it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AEM-30-41...1bd69a6&_uhb=1

or what about just using the wideband for tuning only then replace it with a stock unit?
    Back in the day that was how it was done most of the time. Tune it on a dyno relying on the WB and then revert to using a NB for safety only and not closed loop fuel control.

http://wbo2.com/2j/default.htm < 2j9 unit comes with the lsu 4.9

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    very nice ^
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    alright so i can just purchase the sensor only, no need for the gauge + connectors right? I can wire it up myself
    OEM parts whore