Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    95 EG Hatch

Looking for help..

Hi guys, I just purchased a 96 civic a month ago, so happy because this is my first car. But couple of weeks earlier, I was found by people from TMR, and they told me this car was not suppose to pass the safety certificated, but few days later it was passed and the owner has changed as well. Thats why they came and inspected my car. The worse is, he list out a lot of problems in the car, ie. rear upper control arm bushes need to be replaced, front upper control arm bush split, tie rod ends split, etc. I was like WTF... And then I received a defect list and I have to fix all problems in the list and otherwise the car would be tolled (not sure, seems thats what they said, forgive my poor language..). And now I am confusing, who should take responsibility for that? I mean I would not purchase the car if it could not have a safety certificate and I am pretty much believe that anyone of you would not expect your car will come with so many problems since it came with a safety certificate.

I am coming here and asking for help, what would you guys do if you stand in my position? What is your suggestions? Thanks a lot guys!!
    Bitch is always bitches...

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    The mechanic who gave the dodgy certificate. And the seller who supplied dodgy certificate.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Speak to the seller and if they arent cooperative then go direct to the person who issue the certificate

and if they dont take responsibility then I would report their business

Member Array
    Car:
    95 EG Hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by hmetro24 View Post
    The mechanic who gave the dodgy certificate. And the seller who supplied dodgy certificate.
    Well, I've talked to the mechanic, he said he would pay for the labour to fix all those problems, but I still need to pay for most of those parts.. The worse is he said he could not fix trailing arm bush that means i have to find someone else to fix them and of couse i have to pay both labour and trailing arm bush. About the seller, he has got back to his country for two weeks and the due day would past when he come back. So I am confusing.. Thanks a lot mate!

Member Array
    Car:
    95 EG Hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Speak to the seller and if they arent cooperative then go direct to the person who issue the certificate

and if they dont take responsibility then I would report their business
    I was planning to do so, but people from TMR has visit them already and he has suffered $$ penalty, and not sure for his business as well. I was hope to deal with him without TMR but now seems impossible. Btw who can I report to? Thanks for your advise mate!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTi
    Hey mate you situation is a tough one. You should of took a personal mechanic with you when you to inspect the car before purchasing (Lesson Learned). If I was in your situation I would take them to court and proceed from there.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    while reporting the mechanic who did the inspection may feel good it dosnt solve your problem. lets be honest i know i have taken cars through dodgy inspections i think we all have but never for the purpose of selling the car... at any rate i think your gonna be stuck wearing the cost on this one buddy. given the list it shouldnt be too expesive but i know that dosnt make it hurt any less.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 EG Hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    while reporting the mechanic who did the inspection may feel good it dosnt solve your problem. lets be honest i know i have taken cars through dodgy inspections i think we all have but never for the purpose of selling the car... at any rate i think your gonna be stuck wearing the cost on this one buddy. given the list it shouldnt be too expesive but i know that dosnt make it hurt any less.
    I've took the car to a mechanic after that and being quoted something like $1000 to solved all problems while the other mechanic said at lease $800. Not a small one for an international student mate... And the mechanic who provide the safety certificate said will pay all labour for me to fix but I will need to paid most parts. I think that means I still have to spend at lease 500, as I've been told trailing arm bushes would take quite a long time to do so. That's bad mate...

Member Array
    Car:
    95 EG Hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by EGVTi View Post
    Hey mate you situation is a tough one. You should of took a personal mechanic with you when you to inspect the car before purchasing (Lesson Learned). If I was in your situation I would take them to court and proceed from there.
    Even though take it to the court, it might not able to solve that, not to mention the cost for the lawsuit and others, that would cost more. Consider my part time job is hardly to cover my living costs, I don't have extra fund to go for it. But thanks anyway mate.!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by kakasing View Post
    I've took the car to a mechanic after that and being quoted something like $1000 to solved all problems while the other mechanic said at lease $800. Not a small one for an international student mate... And the mechanic who provide the safety certificate said will pay all labour for me to fix but I will need to paid most parts. I think that means I still have to spend at lease 500, as I've been told trailing arm bushes would take quite a long time to do so. That's bad mate...

rather then getting your jimmys rustled have a look at ozhondas helpful diy section if your looking to save money
    if you have no idea whats going on..then your sort of at there mercy, if you educate yourself on cars its time well spent.
    Last edited by Daveho1; 16-05-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 EG Hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    well if your looking to save money have a look at ozhondas helpful diy section.
    if you have no idea whats going on then your sort of at there mercy, if you educate yourself on cars its time well spent.
    Nah I hope I can learn how to DIY to change a lot of things in my car, but definitely not at this moment as I am also struggling in assignments and shxts.... Damn it last semester of my uni life and I don't want to fail any of them...
    Did you said you have met the dodgy inspection before? And how did you sort it mate?

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Feel bad for you man,maybe just your friends can help you in this bad luck

it will be hard with low income and study at same time

if you were in Melbourne I would help