Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tinted Lights

Unfortunately it is the way it is, they don't care about cracked or faded tail lights, but frosting is illegal. I can see their point though, having driven behind numerous cars with blacked out taillights, it really is dangerous. As I said previously, you're asking for your car to be rear ended because it makes it more difficult than it should be to see that you are actually braking. It doesn't add anything to your car really, it just makes it stand out unnecessarily. There again, I'm older now, and haven't had a fine of my own cause in a number of years.
    Last edited by Integra-GSi; 08-09-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Even though it is illegal for the brakelights or blinkers to give off white light.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2/180sx
    its illegal, iv'e coped a defect before with smoked rear lights.
    Not really worth it

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie View Post
    its illegal, iv'e coped a defect before with smoked rear lights.
    Not really worth it
    my ODC has clear/smoked LED lights.. light the Altezza style/type.

havent had any issues as yet... otherwise they can gtfckdm8 - like a bowze
    RB1-ODC

Aftermarket taillights should be fine although there are a lot of cases where they're not. Your best bet is as long long as they state they meet the appropriate ADRs.... As long as they do, you shouldn't get in trouble, i.e. the aftermarket lights you buy from Super Cheap, Autobahn, Autopro, etc that state they meet the required ADRs. It's the cheap Chinese fleabay shit that's going to get you in trouble more times than not as they wont comply with the appropriate regulations.

Anyway, you don't want a migrant spec shopping trolley.... So... do iiiieet properly and do it once... It's bad enough to have an migrant spec Honda of all the cars in the world given the association to migrants that drive Hondas already in this country. That isn't a racial prejudice either it's just the reality...

You might also be aware or not? that non-ADR/non compliance plated parts will void any insurance that you do have, so don't come crying poor when you run into another car and you're reamed by corporate shysters who may also ask for damages for the car that ran into you, you only got what you deserved.

EDIT: Lol... Chingk... references to Super Cheap products censored No more migrant spec Hondas K thnx? There is already a bad enough reputation as it is.
    Last edited by Integra-GSi; 13-09-2013 at 01:02 PM.