Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Vtir 95

Exclamation Help with double din unit

Hi,

I don't have the best knowledge with double dins, currently have a single din clarion unit in my dc2 vtir, But it hits the AC controls and I have to Open/Close the unit to use these, and its becoming rather annoying.

I have found a few nice looking double din units on Ebay which fit my budget and I personally think look great, I am unsure however if this unit would fit my car, which is why im in the noob section.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7-Double-...item43bbdaefae

This is the unit i would like to get, but wont get if it wont fit.. If you can help me out that would be awesome, THANK YOU ALL

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    from memory the integra has space for double dins, does yours have a pocket above or below your existing headunit?

anyway i wouldnt bother with them Ebay ones.
    get a trusted brand, the design is better and i dont just mean the outside i also mean software wise.

my parents have one and im constantly showing them how to get through its buggy and un-thought-out operating system.

just dum things like playing music from the USB and then the bluetooth connected phone ringing, u have to switch to the BT page and exit the music program to pick it up through the head unit.
    thats not all, i have 2 and none of the GPS/maps work out of the box so we gave up.

edit:
    ontop of that when adjusting volume nothing beats a good old knob, looking for the buttons is BS

thats why i ended up getting a good old alpine everything works and its simple still has lots o functions but does them all alot better
    Last edited by Baby Face; 14-05-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Vtir 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    from memory the integra has space for double dins, does yours have a pocket above or below your existing headunit?

anyway i wouldnt bother with them Ebay ones.
    get a trusted brand, the design is better and i dont just mean the outside i also mean software wise.

my parents have one and im constantly showing them how to get through its buggy and un-thought-out operating system.

just dum things like playing music from the USB and then the bluetooth connected phone ringing, u have to switch to the BT page and exit the music program to pick it up through the head unit.
    thats not all, i have 2 and none of the GPS/maps work out of the box so we gave up.

edit:
    ontop of that when adjusting volume nothing beats a good old knob, looking for the buttons is BS

thats why i ended up getting a good old alpine everything works and its simple still has lots o functions but does them all alot better
    Yeah it does have a pocket below the single din unit i have in there at the moment..

I agree with getting a trusted brand, however, with my budget stretching so far, the ebay units are the best bang for my dollar, and a good mate of mine put one of these in his g35, and it runs rather well..

Hit and miss with ebay ones. and also the interface look like dik and laggy

For double din, i recommend pioneer and jvc. Can get pretty decent one with usb and bluetooth for around $400

Get one with a rear USB and run it into the glovebox imo. Looks so much cleaner than dangling cable where your shifter is

Easiest install would just be buy the harness for the headunit plug to your dc2 plug. And then buy the fascia made for dc2 so it fits perfectly with no gaps into the slot (around $20-30 for both of these)
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    JB Hifi has a sale atm 30% of marked prices. I saw WB series alpine for $350 dirt cheap. USB AUX Blueetooth. + 100 for GPS controller and u got yourself a nice unit.