Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    pretty sure he bought em for track racing in mind/main priority.
    /guess
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    Quote Originally Posted by rhys.l View Post
    Why buy such expensive suspension and then spec with springs so stiff it's barely even going to move? Waste of a good damper.
    pretty sure the dampers have been valved accordingly, as they're available off the shelf from toda.
    Last edited by tRipitaka; 06-10-2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: mixed up between spoon and toda because of the show off thread. doh.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Why buy such expensive suspension and then spec with springs so stiff it's barely even going to move? Waste of a good damper.
    I can assure you, as I have been in his car with these coilovers that this is 100% not the case. It is VERY streetable on the low damper settings.

Quote Originally Posted by tRipitaka View Post
    pretty sure the dampers have been valved accordingly, as they're available off the shelf from spoon.
    You are absolutely correct. They have been valved for the chosen spring rates, and this is a major contributor to how nice they feel.

I also thought that they would be rock hard over bumps on the street, but once I went for a drive I was amazed at how well it absorbed the road on low damper settings,
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    I can assure you, as I have been in his car with these coilovers that this is 100% not the case. It is VERY streetable on the low damper settings.

You are absolutely correct. They have been valved for the chosen spring rates, and this is a major contributor to how nice they feel.

I also thought that they would be rock hard over bumps on the street, but once I went for a drive I was amazed at how well it absorbed the road on low damper settings,
    take vid of daily roads on hardest damper.

Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

If they're valved accordingly, fair enough guys.

lol, toda isnt dumb for making 18kg front and 16kg rear for the n1 damper standard off the shelf.
    Last edited by Type FN; 03-10-2013 at 07:27 PM.
    W.P. 1.10

Quote Originally Posted by PHO View Post
    take vid of daily roads on hardest damper.

ive driven on these for 3 days now and i actually feel i could have gone 20kg and 18kg without problem, a quality damper like this absorbs road vibrations and bump and rebound is perfect...they actually feel soft over bumps on lowest setting so i will turn it up on track and take vids of the wheels to see how they react to bumps etc.
    W.P. 1.10

Quote Originally Posted by Type FN View Post
    ive driven on these for 3 days now and i actually feel i could have gone 20kg and 18kg without problem, a quality damper like this absorbs road vibrations and bump and rebound is perfect...they actually feel soft over bumps on lowest setting so i will turn it up on track and take vids of the wheels to see how they react to bumps etc.
    Good to hear. I'm still getting use to mine. Been driving a corolla for to long.
    Import Performance and Styling
    -= Official distributors for Password JDM =-

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    I've had the toda n1 18/16 before and believe me, by far one of the best.

Wasn't too bad with comfortability but damn did these coilovers handle well.

Car felt much more stable at high speeds. Was amazed how well the coilovers made the car more planted to the road surface.

IMO it's not so much the spring rates that makes the ride harsh but more so the damper setting.

Eg. buddy club race spec with stiffest damper is at least double the harshness over the toda on softest setting.

Quote Originally Posted by mnc View Post
    I've had the toda n1 18/16 before and believe me, by far one of the best.

Wasn't too bad with comfortability but damn did these coilovers handle well.

Car felt much more stable at high speeds. Was amazed how well the coilovers made the car more planted to the road surface.

IMO it's not so much the spring rates that makes the ride harsh but more so the damper setting.

Eg. buddy club race spec with stiffest damper is at least double the harshness over the toda on softest setting.
    stiff springs paired to quality shocks is a dream to drive....
    W.P. 1.10

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    What sideskirt and rear bumper is that? Is it from the JDM?
    Last edited by 2cool4u; 09-10-2013 at 11:47 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cool4u View Post
    What sideskirt and rear bumper is that? Is it from the JDM?
    optional oem
    part time potato